terry fox

by Brittany from Sydney, Nova Scotia in Canada

Terry Fox was diagnosed with cancer. Terry Fox then began to train for a marathon to raise money for cancer research. Terry Fox is a hero because he went on a cross-Canada run with only one leg, raising money for cancer research. Terry Fox was very confident. After a short time of training, he was willing and ready to run the marathon. Even though Terry Fox had only had one leg, he was determined to finish the mission. Terry Fox was fearless because even though he was diagnosed with cancer and only had one leg, it didn't stop him from running.

Even though Terry Fox had one leg and one artificial leg and was in a lot of pain from cancer, he was determind to run across Canada for cancer research. Terry Fox was a very determind man I think because most people wouldn't do what Terry Fox did, exspecially with one leg and with cancer spreading through his body.

Terry had to eventually stop his running because his cancer quickly spread to other parts of the body.

Terry Fox is a hero. Terry is fearless because even though he had one leg, nothing stopped him from running. Even though Terry Fox is no longer here, his Marathon of Hope continues stronger than ever. Money for cancer research is pouring in every day.