Theodore Roosevelt Junior

by Nathaniel Rees from Saint Charles, Missouri in United States

The Roosevelt Family is a family known for their heroic actions and events to the American people, but to me one sticks out more than the rest: Theodore Roosevelt Junior. Theodore was known for his deal of politics during his time before WW1 and WW2. When WW2 came around, Teddy, who was a U.S. General and had many heart problems, joined the war effort in 1943, training troops for Operation Neptune. Months before D-Day, Teddy wanted to lead the infantry and tank men through the German defenses, but was declined multiple times for being a "general." But on the day of the invasion, he was allowed to go because he could inspire morale amongst troops. When Roosevelt's landing craft hit the beach, they had landed one mile away from the landing zone, so he turned to his men and said, "We'll start the war right here." Unfortunately he died on July 12, 1944, in a French-American hospital due to heart problems.