Uncle JR

by Corey from Grand Rapids

The purpose of this project is to recognize unsung heroes for all the effort they give to the things they do. A hero to me is someone who accomplished something in their lives. My hero is my Uncle Jr. he was born in 1963,in Detroit, Michigan. I chose to recognize my uncle because he is thoughtful, smart, and brave.

I learned that you don't always have to be rich and famous to be a hero. It is important to let people know that they make a difference so that they will continue to do what they do. People who do things for others are special. They should be recognized so that young people have role models.

My hero is thoughtful and caring. Hes thoughtful and caring because he does not forget his nieces and nephews on their birthdays. He sends us money every time. He also sends his sisters and brothers money.

Another character trait my uncle has is that he is intelligent. My uncle has his Masters degree. He was also drafted into the navy. My uncle is one of the best workers in the navy. So, I think that my uncle did something with his life.

The role my uncle played in the navy also shows that he is brave. My uncle had to do a lot of things like going into battles on ships. He also had to battle in jets under pressure. He had to make quick moves to get out of situations.