Vince Carter

by Stefano from Coopersburg

Do you Average 25.7 points each basketball game? I sure don't, but Vince Carter does. He's a great hero to me.

Vince was born on January 26,1977 in Daytona Beach,Florida. Vince is a 6'7" 215 pound guard for the NBA Toronto Raptors. Vince joined the Raptors as player #15 in 1998 after playing for the University of North Carolina Tar Heels, my favorite college team.

Vince is famous for his shooting,jumping,and dunking abilities. He was the winner of the 2000 NBA SLAM DUNK CONTEST! He was also member 2000 of the USA Olympic basketball team. Vince helped the Tar Heels earn back-to-back Final Four appearances in 1997-1998.

Vince is my hero because he cares about helping kids to learn the game of basketball. He runs basketball camps for kids in both Toronto and Ontario,Canada. He's doesn't get mad or disappointed if the Raptors lose. He says,"I want to be better than I was last year in everything." Also,Vince cares about his family. When he's on the road,he calls his Mom after every game,win or lose.

Vince Carter is my hero because he's a talented athlete and seems to be cool person. I'd like to be able to dunk like him. I want to be a NBA basketball player when I grow up and help other kids learn how to play the game just like Vince.