Walt Elias Disney

by Holly Negrey from Edmonton, Canada

My hero is Walt Elias Disney. He is my hero because he did many things to help people, like be in the Red Coss. Another reason why he is my hero is because he made up the idea of Disneyland.   

This is where Walt Disney lived and the places that he moved to. Walt Disney was born in Chicago, Hermoso (Hermosa is a small community in Chicago). After Walt’s mom (Flora Call Disney) had his baby sister, they moved to a 45 acre farm. After his father came down with a typhoid fever, they moved to Kansas where Walt went to high school. After that he dropped out and wanted to join the army but he was only 16. So he joined the Red Cross for World War One. After awhile he moved to Los Angeles.

He was an amazing man who helped in the Red Cross in World War 1.  And he made Disneyland that I love love love. And I always watch his cartoons with my cousin(s) and Grandad.

We go to Disneyland and that’s where our family bonds and spends a lot of time together. And sometimes I get to learn a little bit more about my family.  And he was in the Red Cross for World War 1 and I think that’s great.

Walt Elias Disney is my hero.