Anne Frank

by Sara from Franklin

'if the truth is told, things are just as bad as you yourself care to make them.'

When you hear the word hero, who do you think of? A hero is someone who isn't just wealthy or famous. A hero can be anyone. When I hear the word hero I think of a girl named Anne Frank. I'm going to talk about how Anne Frank was a hero and what she did to make her a hero.

My hero is Anne Frank she was one of over one million Jewish children who died in the Holocaust. She was born Annelies Marie Frank on June 12, 1929 in Frankfurt, Germany, to Otto and Edith Frank. For the first 5 years of her life, Anne lived with her parents and older sister, Margot, in an apartment on the outskirts of Frankfurt. Anne and her family moved to from Germany to Amsterdam in 1933, the same year as the Nazis gained power in Germany. The family were liberal Jews and went to school with Protestant and Catholic friends.

Anne Frank and their family went into hiding in July of 1942. Meanwhile, she was deported to Westerbrok and then Auschwitz concentration camp. That's where Anne Frank held on for as long as she could. Anne Frank never gave up. She was a strong girl that let everyone know that when times are hard, never to give up. Anne never gave up; she held on till the day that she died.

Anne Frank was my age when she died I can't imagine what she went though. Anne Frank let everyone know to never give up, no matter what. I really look up to Anne Frank. She lets me know that she never gave up when time were hard and that I should never give up, even when times are hard, even when I feel like I can't go on.

Now you know who my hero is. A hero does not have to be famous or wealthy. A hero can be someone like Anne Frank. She was never wealthy or famous but she is still a hero because she never gave up ever. Anne Frank is a hero in my eyes and always will be.