Privacy Policy

What information do we ask for?

A visitor wishing to sign the MY HERO guestbook or build a hero web page will be asked for the following information:

First and Last name
        Age
        City, State and Country
        Phone Number
        Email Address
        Additional information

It is possible to use the MY HERO guestbook while only disclosing a minimum of personal information, such as by giving a first name only, or by using initials. Providing a phone number, city, email address, and additional information is optional.

How do we use this information?

MY HERO will never sell or share personal information with third parties. We might use contact information, such as an email address, for any or all of the following purposes:

1) To contact a writer in order to request further information for a story.

2) To inform the writer of our intent to launch the story.

3) To inform the writer of our intent to feature (publish) the story. In this case, we award the writer a MY HERO T-Shirt prize and request the writer's mailing address. A school address may be given and it is often the case that MY HERO will send T-Shirt prizes addressed to the student's instructor at the school address. 

4) We keep our writer database in a secure file, accessible only to MY HERO staff members. In the event that a MY HERO television series is produced, we intend to contact the writer of the stories we wish to use. 

5) To contact teachers and parents with information about materials, activities, or other things that might be of interest to them. 

6) We sometimes use the information for internal purposes, for instance, to analyze site usage. Furthermore, we will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example in response to a court order or a subpoena, and might disclose information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.

How do we collect information?

We receive information that visitors put into the guestbook entry or into the online registration or survey forms. Cookies are small text files that can be placed in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. Cookies are not in use on this site.

What about outside links?

www.myhero.com contains screened links to other sites. Those sites' information practices may be different from ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy policies because their sites are not covered by our policy.

Deleting information or refusing further collection

At any time, you may contact MY HERO to request that your media and information be deleted from our archive, that names in stories be changed to protect privacy, or to disallow further collection of information. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. Voice your questions, comments, or concerns regarding our privacy policy and/or practices by email: [email protected]