Anne Frank

by Sarah from Pleasant Grove

Everyone has someone that they admire greatly, but some may still say that they don’t have a hero. What defines a hero? People say that a hero is someone who is selfless, honest, loyal, trustworthy, and is always there for you. Contrary to what the world may think, a hero has faults and are not perfect. Just like you, they are human beings fictional or not. But, even though they are human, it is their drive to perfection that defines who they are. They may make mistakes, but they try to make it up and strive to be the best person they can be despite all that evil that the world throws at you.

Anne Frank is a hero to me not because she was flawless, but because she had something beyond her life that she was trying to be worthy of.

Otto Frank and Edith Frank-Holländer were blessed with a beautiful baby girl on the 12th of June 1929 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. She was the second of two children, her older sister, Margot, just three years older. Anne died in 1945 after living sixteen years of her life.

Germany was in a time when all the Jews were being gathered and taken to concentration camps. Because of this, the Franks decided to go into hiding so as to preserve the life of their children. However, they were not alone in the upstairs attic of a store. The Van Pels are the other family which they are to share this small space with. But even though the space was few and they had no privacy Anne made the best of it and tried her best to be happy.

Anne Frank had many opportunities to grieve and be melancholy all the time, but she chose not to. She tried as best she could to be happy in all that happened to her and her family. She kept a diary in which we get the story from her own words. It was not an easy journey, but it was a journey none the less. Anne had her hard times, times where she despaired and was sad, but she always got through those and moved on. No matter how hard the others tried to get her spirits down, she never listened to them. Anne always had a positive attitude about everything, even when they had another person come and live with them in their small apartment. Although she didn’t get to live a long life, she lived a good one. She didn’t have many regrets and always forgave others despite what they did. She took what she was given and made the best of it. We should all try to be like her. Take what the world throws at us with a good heart.