Anne Frank

by Laura from Houston

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same."

Anne Frank is my hero because even in the darkest of times she found happiness. Anne Frank wrote in her diary all the time even while in hiding. Her writings were like a friend when there was not anybody to comfort her. I can also relate to her because I am also a Jewish girl that has faced anti-semitism just for loving humanity. Anne is my hero for the message she bravely told the world. To me she inspired me to be brave enough to talk about something that mattered, such as genocide and the end of war.

As a poet and writer of prose I feel that your writings become like a friend because you find comfort and strength. I also felt that her writings helped her cope with the sadness of the war and the isolation she had from others.

I also got the opportunity to visit the "Secret Annexe" with my family. It was a very moving experience for me. To me it taught me many lessons about humanity and hope by just remembering. Memories are treasures that help us learn from the past.

I promised myself "never again" because life is such a precious gift. I pray each day that genocide and anti-semitism will end. Anne taught me that you must see the good in people even if they are the darkest people. To even stay positive in the toughest of times. Let your life be planted in other people not just your own self. Thank you Anne for being my hero.

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" Anne Frank

Anne Frank - The Anne Frank Museum

"It won't matter whether you had the newest things; it is what message you plant onto people's hearts that they will never forget." Dec. 2010