Angelina Jolie

by Melissa from Lawndale

Angelina Voight Jolie is my hero because she is a very bright women, knows what she is doing, and is known for a lot of things. She has nicknames like Angie and AJ. She is 5'7 feet tall she weighs 120-125 pounds. She makes 60-80 million dollars a year. She also has a lot of awards like 1 Oscar and 3 Golden Globes, and was nominated for 1 BAFTA. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are the parents of 6 children. Maddox was the first adopted child. Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne are their other children.

She has saved orphans from different countries but not just orphans - a lot of other people around the world. She has been in several movies and shows, and written books, but the most is that she talks to the microphones when people ask her questions.

Angelina Jolie lives in three different places: in Los Angeles, Cambodia, and England, but she travels a lot with Brad Pitt and her children too. But mostly she stays down here because she walks on the Red Carpet a lot in Hollywood. She has visited over 20 countries.

My hero is 34 years old she was born on June 4, 1975 and just gave birth to twins on July 12, 2008 and has adopted more since her Cambodian boy Maddox. And having made clear her sympathy for nations much poorer than her own, she was made a Good Will Ambassador for the United Nations. She examined first-hand the plight of refugees from Thailand and Chechnia, called for peace in Sri Lanka and pledged 5 million to a wildlife sanctuary in Cambodia. In 2007 she was hit hard by the death of her mother, then she had adopted a Vietnamese boy Pax. After that she and Brad moved to New Orleans where they'd offer aid to those still homeless after Hurricane Katrina and giving 1 million towards the upkeep of children suffering in Iraq.

She is important to me because she is such a great humanitarian, going to other countries. Also, adopting children from poverty to get them a better life in America. She is well known and popular for all the things she has done to help the underprivileged.