Abraham Lincoln

by Skeet from Riley

Abraham Lincoln (wikipedia)
Abraham Lincoln (wikipedia)

Abraham Lincoln was a very brave man with little education. Throughout his presidency, he accomplished a lot of what he believed needed to be done. He was born near Hodgenville, Kentucky on February 12, 1809. He was assassinated on April 14, 1865 by the Confederate sympathizer, John Wilkes Booth. Lincoln was attending a play at Ford's Theatre in Washington D.C.

In his years as a kid, he didn't believe that he needed much education. The little education that he had, it was pretty much just enough so he could read. Even with his little amount of education, he was a great reader. In March, 1830, the family again migrated, this time to Macon County, Illinois. When his father moved them again, to Coles County, Lincoln made a living by  manual labor.

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States. On November 6, 1860, Lincoln was elected to the title of President of the United States. At the time of the election, he only had support from one southern state. That election was a big factor that led up to the Civil War.

Abraham Lincoln was a big part of abolishing slavery. His first inaugural address was an appeal against the rebellious states. He felt that it was not right for slavery to be in act because of how the slaves were treated. Rather Lincoln thought it or not, he felt it was his sacred duty to protect his Union states.

Abraham Lincoln was a big factor in the Civil War era. He helped with many things, including helping abolish slavery, helping with the the Civil War and much more. He had many great talents as a young boy and as an adult in his later years. As a young boy, he had little formal education but that didn't stop him from what he wanted to do.