Andy Warhol

by Aleah from San Diego

(http://kids1.tate.org.uk/blog/who-is-andy-warhol/  ())
(http://kids1.tate.org.uk/blog/who-is-andy-warhol/ ())

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes," said Andy Warhol. With those words, Andy Warhol turned out to be right. These days, undeserving people gain recognition for ridiculous things. Warhol was a famous artist with true talent who inspired many. Andy Warhol was a renowned artist in the 1960's. Warhol is one of the most influential people in contemporary art. He quickly became known for his paintings, from there he stemmed to many other types of art. Andy painted, practiced screen printing, wrote books, made films, and motivated others. Andy Warhol's talents and imagination shaped him into a very deserving hero.

You might know Andy by his pure white hair, or by his unique pop art paintings. He is also known as the man who created the Campbell Soup covers. His creativity was known around America. Andy went to school and then moved to New York in the 1950's. His fame began to pick up here. He then started to become a successful commercial artist. Warhol has many famous pieces that are well-known, and featured in museums. Not only did Warhol paint, he also screen-printed, made films, and he wrote books. In 1968, a mentally challenged feminist, shot and critically injured him. After the incident, Warhol decided to take things slow. He started to take requests and settle down. Even after death, Warhol's name continued to live on.

(http://guyhepner.com/artists/after-andy-warhol-pri ())

Warhol could be considered a deserving hero because of his ambition, a quality many people can definitely look up to. Warhol never held back, he continued to pass his limits. He tried many new things, something others should attempt at as well. He didn't just stop at painting, which is what most other artists did. "During his career, Warhol made films, silk screens, paintings, and publish a few books." Warhol didn't stick to one thing. He went beyond his level and tried to do many new and different things. Many people could look up to each different thing Warhol had attempted. His actions could inspire many to step out of their comfort zone and try new things. Other things that could be said about Warhol include, "To be a major influence on contemporary painting and film might have been enough for most artists, but Warhol was not yet finished. The lifestyle that he had allowed to grow around him was now becoming fashionable outside his circle." Warhol didn't just want to do painting and film. Warhol wanted to exceed the limits and go beyond. He tried his best to do as many things as he could, he built a good career and life for himself. He was not just satisfied with painting, he went beyond and created a name for himself. Everybody needs to try new things, new doors could open up at any minute to provide new opportunities. Warhol put his all into things other than painting. He could be looked up to for films as well. He didn't stick to one thing and always tried something new. An important quality of a hero could include strong ambition, giving a person something to look up to.

With every new thing Warhol tried, he put his hardest effort into. Andy Warhol could be known as a very strong, hard-working individual. He tried his hardest and put his all into every one of his creations. Warhol started out his career on a very strong note, "In 1963, inspired by the Brillo soap pad boxes he had seen in supermarkets, Warhol ordered 100 wooden boxes from a carpenter and stenciled the sides with exact imitations of the Brillo graphic. For sale at $300 each, the boxes created great excitement at Manhattan's Stable Gallery exhibit the following year." Warhol ordered his own boxes and stenciled every design, he sold them, making his own profit. He had smart ideas and worked hard at his designs. He put his hardest and best effort into his creations, even when he was just starting out as an artist. He came up with brilliant ideas that he put a lot of thought and work into. He focused on his work and what made him happy, "Since he first became known at the beginning of the Pop Art boom in the early 1960s, critics and public have argued about him, dismissed him, reinstated him again, endlessly questioned him and in the absence of any useful statement by the artist himself, declared themselves baffled by the bland success of his art." Even though critics constantly said stuff about him and didn't agree with his work, Andy Warhol still continued to push through and prove his worth, and became very successful. Even when he slowed down and did more simple things, Warhol still worked on challenging activities such as taking commissions and continuing his work. Warhol became many things other than just an artist, he turned normal things into art and manipulated society. He took many courageous acts.

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/andy-warh ())

Andy Warhol is very ambitious, committed, and hard-working. Warhol's art turned many heads and inspired others, he was unique and offered a different type of art to his viewers. Every person needs a hero to look up to. Andy Warhol serves as a great inspiration and person to look up to. He is very ambitious and hard-working, which makes him a perfect role model for people. Andy Warhol changed many people's perspective of art. He opened new ways and styled that others had not yet opened their minds to. He was very smart and thought outside the box, making him very inspiring. He created a new form of art that offered many unique values. He inspired others to think outside the box and be creative. Andy Warhol could be defined as a true hero because he is inspirational and unique.

"Andy Warhol." Almanac of Famous People, Gale, 2011. Biography in Context,

link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1601068507/BIC1?u=powa9245&xid=cc83bfb3. Accessed 24 Jan. 2017.

"Andy Warhol." Almanac of Famous People, Gale, 2011. Biography in Context,      link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1601068507/BIC1?u=powa9245&xid=cc83bfb3. Accessed 24 Jan. 2017.

"Andy Warhol." Contemporary Artists, Gale, 2001. Biography in Context,

link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/K1636001636/BIC1?u=powa9245&xid=38874a22. Accessed 23 Jan. 2017.

Johnson, Anne Janette. "Andy Warhol." Contemporary Authors Online, Gale, 2004. Biography        in Context, link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/H1000103419/BIC1?u=powa9245&xid=aecc187c. Accessed 23 Jan. 2017.