Anastacia

by Irina from Pobegi

I thought a lot about my hero... And I remembered Anastacia. One of the most famous singers in the world. I chose her becose she had some really hard times but she never gave up.

Music has always been part of Anastacia' s life. Her mum was an actress (at a musical theathre) and from childhood, making music was the only career Anastacia wanted. After she left school, she got a job as a dancer on club MTV. But becoming a singer was more difficult. None of the record companies she went to thought that people would like her music. Some companies didn't like her voice and others didn't like the way she looked. But Anastacia didn't want to change. She wanted to be herself.

Anastacia was determined not to give up her ambition. Her manager phoned on MTV and Anastacia appeared on a talent show called The Cut. Everyone was amazed. Records companies started to phone Anastacia. Michael Jackson called to say he loved her music. Amastacia recorded her first song "I'm Outta Love" and suddenly she was a big star.

She was very happy with her life when suddenly she became very ill. But she didn' t give up! She told her fans that she's a fighter and that she will win in fight with her illness. Now she's back with her new album called Anastacia. That's why she is my hero...

But I think that my family and my friends are heroes too, because they have a good heart. My opinion is that a person who tries to live like a good person (helps other people...) is a hero too!