Andrew and Steven

by Richard from Elgin

"A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down." -Unknown. Heroes are people who have made a difference in your life or inspired you in some way. My heroes, that have change my life, are my brothers. My brothers have been there for me every since I was born and have been there when I needed them the most. They possess so many traits that qualify them to be my heroes.

I have two brothers and their names are Andrew and Steven. Andrew is 24 and Steven is 17. Andrew is strong, caring, and brave (brave because he is in the military and risking his life for his country). Steven is extremely smart, interesting, and just cool in general. Both of them combined in my life, have made my life interesting, and without them, I would not be a happy person and I would probably not be the same person I am now. That is why I couldn't choose just one, since I have them both, it's just a good mix of everything.

What Andrew has done that is heroic is that he is in the military, serving in the national guard. He serves his country and he sticks up for me, whatever I do. What Steven has done that's heroic is more on the personal side. Whenever I need to talk about something to someone, he is there to talk to. And whenever I'm need to tell someone something that I don't want to tell my parents, he is there for that as well. That's why I need both in my life, and not just one.

Both of them have made a difference in my life by inspiring me to get good grades and inspiring me to focus and be strong. Without them, I would probably be slacking in school. They are important to me because they are family, and even when they get on my nerves, I still care about them. They are also important to me because they are great at what they do for me. I don't think anyone else in this world could do what they do for me

My brothers will always be the closest to me, and for that I am eternally grateful. There will be no one in my life that comes close to them (except my parents). It is impossible to have just one in my life. They are the people I have the most respect for in my life. My brothers made my life special, and there is nothing I can do to pay them back for what they have done.