Bart Cannon

by Ryan from Maple Grove

"Fluency, Ryan"

My hero is my eighth and ninth grade English teacher, Mr. Bart Cannon. He was one of the best teachers I have ever had in my life. He helped me to enjoy school and to learn so much more than I did in my other classes.

Mr. Cannon was a loud and flamboyant man. He was always full of jokes and could make me laugh no matter how bad of a day I was having. He was very smart and knew how to teach very well. I learned very much in his class that I can still use today.

He was a very good English teacher and helped me find many ways to improve my work. He helped me learn how to study for tests better and helped me to get a good score on my writing test. He taught me about mnemonic devices and other good study habits. I still use many of these while preparing for my tests now.

Mr. Cannon also helped me improve as a student by teaching me how to present projects in a class. He helped me learn what to say and what not to say in a presentation, as well as, the best ways of making a presentation. This has benefited me in all of my classes and really helped me become better prepared for high school and college.

Mr. Cannon has helped me improve as a student and as a person. He helped me to improve my writing and presenting in class. His hard work as a teacher has benefited me very much over the years and I owe him great thanks!