Bill Gates

by Calvin from Pleasant Hill

Bill Gate is a True Hero
Bill Gates (Bill Gates Chairman, Microsoft Corp.)

What would you do if you were a very rich man and you didn't know what to do with all the money that was left over? Well, Bill Gates made his own solution with this problem. The thing that makes him a hero for me is that he was willing to sacrifice his wealth, just to help other people. That's what I think truly creates a hero. And not only that but he also worked hard and created the softwares for our computers. If he hadn't come up with this idea, I wouldn't be doing my project here. So all I'm really trying to say is he was willing to share his rewards for his achievements with other people with his own free will.

Bill Gates is an amazing person. Not only is he smart, he is very unselfish. He also had great family. Bill Gates was born on, October 28, 1955. Bill Gates is very rich but he isn't considered the richest man in the world - there is also the Walton family. They are the founders of Wal-Mart. So even though Gates isn't the richest man in world, he still has the money to offer to poor children and many other things. Bill Gates father and mother were also pretty great. His father was a lawyer and his mother served on the board of directors for First Interstate Bank and the United Way. Bill Gates started smart from a very young age. He excelled in elementary school, especially in math and science. So Bill Gates was a very intelligent person from the start.

<a href=http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20060813/160X_melinda_gates_060813.jpg>Melinda Gates </a>
Melinda Gates

Bill Gates got married in 1994. He married a woman named, Melinda French. He and his wife created a foundation named, "Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation". It is a charitable foundation. Now Bill Gates and his family are helping out children in public schools and many other things. For example, Gates endowed the University of Cambridge with $210 Million for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships. The 2004 Forbes magazine article said that Bill Gates gave away over $29 billion dollars to charities from the year 2000 and onwards. So Gates supports many places and gives a hand to many things. I hope that if he retires, his sons and daughter will take his place and try to do the same thing.

After all this, Bill Gates gets into the 100 top people who influenced America the most in the 20th century. Also one time, Bill Gates' E-Mail address was widely publicized and he got over 4,000,000 emails in 2004. Some of them were either letters but most of them were people trying to spam him, which is very selfish and wrong. I mean he's helping almost everybody and people thank him by trying to steal from him? So Bill Gates devoted himself in helping others and being a philanthropist. I have to say not a lot of people can do that. But Gates can also be a normal person. He enjoys playing golf and bridge. And I am pretty sure his children will be great people in the future as well.

<a href=http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2005-12-19-bridge-schools_x.htm>Bill Gates and Warren Buffet </a>want children to learn bridge
Bill Gates and Warren Buffet want children to learn bridge

So I hope you learned some new stuff about Gates and how he is a hero to me. And I am sure he is a hero to not only me but thousands of other people around the world. Anyone can be a great person like him. Maybe not exactly everything that Gates has done, but you can always be nice and be willing to help other people as much as you can if help is needed. And like I said before, I really hope that Gates children would do something this extraordinary in the future as well, and if they do I hope I'll be around to see it.

Bill Gates - Wikipedia - Many fact about Bill Gates.
Bill Gates: Microsoft Chairman - Bill Gates information.
Bill Gates: Microsoft Chairman - Bill Gates biography.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - Bill & Melinda Gates's founded foundation.
Bill Gates: Before Microsoft - Bill Gates before he gets into Softwares.

You can learn more about Bill Gates and his family on the webs and in the libraries. Bill Gates has some books that talks about his childhood and more detailed facts. You can also look in Time Magazines.