Bethany Hamilton

by Destiny and Jenna from Lodi

This is Bethany Hamilton
This is Bethany Hamilton

Bethany Hamilton is a courageous girl with strong faith. Bethany was 13 when she was attacked by a tiger shark, while surfing in Hawaii. She has made an impact on many people's lives around the world. She is our hero because through her traumatizing accident she trusted in God and believed that everything happens for a reason.

Bethany Hamilton is now 22 years old but she was 13 when she had her accident. She was surfing on Kauai's north shore in Hawaii on October 31 when she was attacked by the big tiger shark. The shark was 14 feet long and it took her whole left arm and bit a huge chunk out of her surfboard. Her best friend's dad tied a piece of cloth around her shoulder to try and stop the bleeding. When they got to the shore they called 911 and the ambulance came. She suffered a huge amount of blood loss but still managed to pull through. She still lives in Hawaii and is a professional surfer who has won many 1st place trophies. She has had many hardships in her life without an arm but has inspired many around the world with her perseverance.

Bethany Hamilton has made many differences in the world. One huge difference that she has made was with Make-A-Wish Foundation. She made a difference by helping two girls' dreams come true. Another difference Bethany Hamilton made was hearing about a terrible tsunami in Thailand. She went to Thailand and helped orphan children fight their fears of the water because of the tsunami.

Bethany Hamilton's actions can be applied to Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose". She believed that it was part of God's plan that she was attacked by the shark, because now she can spread the amazing works of God through her accident.

Bethany Hamilton is our hero because she is a perfect example of how, no matter how hard life gets, with faith and perseverance you can get through anything! She inspired us and many other people around the world! Bethany Hamilton is truly an inspiration!!!