Barack Obama

by Lafran from Clarksville

Barack and the Obama family (harlemenglish.com)

Many people are asked what is a hero. Everyone has their own answer to this question. My answer to it is that to me a hero is someone who fights for not only himself but also others. A hero is also strong, brave, caring, and thoughtful. Most importantly a hero has fears just like other people, but he overcomes the fears he has to protect the people. To me these traits define a hero.

Barack and Michelle  (flickr.com)
Barack and Michelle (flickr.com)

Obama went to visit his father’s family in Kenya. He then understood why his father left the life he had in the U.S. to go back and help his country. After his visit he came back to the U.S. and went to Harvard Law School. After his first year Obama got a summer internship and met Michelle Robinson. He then graduated from Harvard in 1991.

Senator Barack Obama (moeissuesoftheday.blogspot.com)

Obama married Michelle and they have two children, Malia and Sasha. Obama shortly went and followed his goals of going into politics. He then became the U.S. senator for the state of Illinois. After being the senator he ran for president. He and his his running mate for vice president, Joe Biden, face several others running for president. Eventually they won and Obama became the first African American president.

President Barack Obama (joelaz.com)
President Barack Obama (joelaz.com)

Everyone has different definitions to what a hero is. To me a hero is someone like Barack Obama who fights for what he believes in and doesn’t give up. A hero is a hero because they do heroic things not only for themselves but for others. Since Barack Obama does all the things that I think a hero should be/do he is my hero.

Obama's Book (sodahead.com)
Obama's Book (sodahead.com)

For more information on the magnificent president, Barack Obama, read the book "Barack Obama: The Audacity of Hope."