B.o.B

by Alicia from Weyauwega

B.o.B (Bobby Ray Simmons) (http://www.lyricsbird.com/artist.info/Bobby-Simmons/)

My hero is the singer Bobby Ray Simmons (B.o.B). He was born on November 15, 1988 in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Then when he was about one month old his family moved to Decatur, Georgia. He started playing the trumpet in sixth grade and still plays it today. Also in sixth grade he decided that he wanted to be a musician. His father was a pastor and did not want him to be a musician. He wanted him to do something with his education. Later he realized that it was a form of therapy and he bought him his first keyboard. He plays the guitar, trumpet, and piano.

He started to get noticed when his song Haters Everywhere came out. It was number five on the U.S Billboard 100. Then after that song producers started using it in video games, commercials, and started being on magazine covers. He was also starting to do duets with other musicians like T.I. He became his own producer, studio mixer, and song writer.

Bobby Ray Simmons then released his first CD called The Adventures of Bobby Ray. It sold over 84,000 in its first week of being stores. The CD started then being played on the radio and used in more commercials like for Adidas. The CD came out at number one in the Billboard 200. Then when it made number one he started going on tour with Paramore, Eminem, and JayZ. He Later then started a tour of his own.

Bobby Ray has also won awards. He was nominated over 31 times. Some of the nominations include best new act, best breakthrough artist, favorite music video, and a lot more. He also won three awards for best song, favorite hookup song, and outstanding new artist. One of his performances was at the Grammy Awards where he was nominated for his song Airplanes.

The message that Bobby Ray Simmons would like to send through his music is originality and creativity. He also wants other people to be happy with what they do, and love what they do. Bobby Ray Simmons is my hero because he is original, and he still did what he wanted to do even if his father did not want him to that. I think that other people can learn from him is to be creative and have fun with what you’re doing.