Barack ObamaJr

by Tiffany from San Diego

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate .Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." Marianne Williamson
obamas family (Google Image)
obamas family (Google Image)

Barack Obama was voted President of the United States in 2009. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii Barack was in a household of educated parents. Later, he graduated from high school and attended two different colleges before he decided he wanted to go to Harvard Law School. After applying and getting accepted to Harvard, he was nominated president of Harvard Law Review. Shortly after he married Michelle Robinson in 1992 he wrote his first novel titled “Dreams of My Father.” Moving to Chicago Barack worked at a small law firm called Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. A few years later, in 2004, he won 70 percent of votes and became a member of the U.S senate. Three years later he announced that he was running for president. At that moment Americans knew change was coming. Because of his determination, leadership skills and intelligence Barack Obama Jr. is a true hero.

Obama-> a Real Leader (Google Images)
Obama-> a Real Leader (Google Images)

Barack Obama is considered an outstanding hero for his leadership skills. He is a leader because he is taking responsibility for the United States because a change starts with the first person who stands up and does something about it. “Moved to Chicago for his career as a community organizer” (Obama, Barack1961-). This shows how he wants a change or a difference in the community and he has to be the one who sets examples so the rest of the community will follow along. Because of his actions towards the community this shows natural leadership. Although Barack had no experience in politics, like his opponents, he wanted to make the change. “In 2004 he got elected to the Senate as a Democrat.”(The Independent). This shows that he wants to take responsibility. Taking responsibility is the first main trait of being a leader.

Obama teaching (From: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm)

Barack Obama wants to give back to not just the country, but the whole world. He wants this because he is generous. Barack visited Kenya and met some of his distant relatives. “When Barack traveled to Kenya he didn’t give them money but promised financial aid and clean water” (Barack Obama U.S Senator from Illinois). This shows how he doesn’t care about himself or his community, he shows that we're all in this together as one earth like one big team and instead of war, we can help out each other and everybody could benefit from it.”

Obama Poem (Google Images)
Obama Poem (Google Images)

Barack Obama is a true hero because he is a natural leader and he is generous to everyone. He became the first black president of Harvard Law Review and The United States in one lifetime because of his urge to be a leader. Barack Obama inspires me and others because he is a great example of showing if you want to succeed in something, do it. It doesn’t matter the color of your skin, intelligence or culture. It doesn’t matter if you’re the first to do something because you can be the beginning of a beautiful thing. He went from a teenager to a strong minded, intelligent president.

Works Consulted.
Trickey, Erik “Obama, Barack (1961- ) Newsmaker Vol.4, Detroit Gale, 2007 Student Resources Center-Gold Gale DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 11 May. 2010. “Obama, Barack (1961-) Presidential Administration Profiles for Students. Online ed. Detroit: Gale, 2009. Student Resource Center- Gold. Gale .DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 3 May. 2010
Barack Obama Biography Website. The Independent. www.obama-biography.info./ Barack Obama, U.S Senator from Illinois. http://obama.senate.gov/ August 23 2005.