Ed Sheeran

by Morgan from San Juan Capistrano

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything" - Anonymous
Ed Sheeran (http://music-mix.ew.com/2014/06/27/ed-sheeran-x-by (Ben Watts))

"The worst things in life come free to us," sang an angelic voice through the radio speakers, as I finished my homework. 'Who is this wonderful person?' I thought, 'I must find out!' This was the day that I found my Person Career Hero. I heard the lyrics of Ed Sheeran's "A Team" for the first time, and they touched my heart and suddenly I felt like I found someone who understood me. Ed Sheeran is a very well-known singer/songwriter, with a twist: Nobody knows his name. This is what I find so fascinating about this incredible man; he loves what he does, regardless of the people that know his name. I started playing guitar when I was 6, and since then I knew I wanted to do something with it, and when I found Ed Sheeran, I knew what I wanted to do with my life; I wanted to be like Ed Sheeran.

According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook website, being a musician and/or singer requires one to perform for live audiences, as well as find places to perform, while performing and practicing to improve your performance. Also, the OOH (Occupational Outlook Handbook) website states that the educational level for the job is recommended to be a high school diploma, or equivalent to that. As of May 2012, the minimum hourly wage for a musician/singer is $23.50, with a job outlook of 5% career change. There are some similar careers such as acting, dancing, choreographing, music directoring and composing. Some of the recent developments that apply to the job of a musician are YouTube, which you can post videos of yourself as a way to earn popularity.

When Ed Sheeran was just a young lad, his grandparents suggested he join their choir. They could tell that young Sheeran was going to be successful with his talent at such a young age. Sheeran attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, where he started writing his own music and lyrics. Before graduating, Sheeran dropped out of high school and played gigs, until he earned enough money to move to America in April of 2010. Sheeran was in Los Angeles with no phone numbers, besides a poetry night club. Once he got more contacts, he played gigs around the town, and eventually found himself playing in the "The Foxxhole," owned by Jamie Foxx. Playing here caused popularity from Jamie Foxx's acknowledgment. Due to this, Sheeran has risen to fame, and has won 14 awards out of 55 nominations.

Ed Sheeran is involved in several organizations that contribute to the less fortunate, as well as people in need, medically. Because of his fame, Sheeran can donate to specific organizations. Some of these organizations include: GRAMMY Foundation, Musicians on Call, and ONE Campaign. Ed Sheeran makes an impact on people, who are fans of his. In a 2013 Aria Charts interview, Taylor Swift stated that "Ed is like hanging with both an 8-year-old boy [Ed loves Lego and Lord of the Rings] and an 80-year-wise man." He can relate with all ages and his music speaks to all ages as well.

I am planning to become like my Personal Career Hero in many ways that include how he acts, and his career. I plan on doing this by getting good grades and studying music. I plan on joining clubs that relate to my desired career, as well as internships at music stores. For college, I plan on attending UCLA and majoring in astronomy, as a fall back career. I plan on graduating from college with a 4 year degree, and starting a family after marrying the love of my life. I would love to marry my high school sweetheart who will encourage me through my career choices. Ed Sheeran is my role-model, and I want to have his confidence and skill in his career.

Aria Charts - Taylor Swift extolls Ed Sheeran
Wikipedia - Basic life facts about Ed Sheeran
Occupational Outlook Handbook - Career facts on musician/singer
Look to the Stars - Ed Sheeran charity donations
Daily News - Ed Sheeran-unknown artist gets discovered