Laura''s Album: A Remembrance Scrapbook of Laura Ingalls Wilder

By William Anderson

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers, September 1998
ISBN: 0060278420
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
Synopsis
Though best known as the author of the Little House books, Laura Ingalls Wilder led a full, rich life that spanned almost a century of American history. All through her life Laura saved mementos of her past, including early writings, letters, drawings, and photographs, which have been lovingly preserved in private and public collections across the country.

Now, for the first time ever, these photographs, writings, and memorabilia have been gathered together in one incredible volume by noted Little House historian William Anderson. Each gorgeous page of LAURA'S ALBUM is a doorway into the private world of Laura Ingalls Wilder, and offers a unique glimpse of what her life was like. Here is the fascinating true story of this remarkable pioneer woman's life as well as an unforgettable tale of our own American past.

User Reviews:
mim | 4/5/2010 8:06 AM
what did she do???

The MY HERO essay written by Susannah Abbey will be helpful in answering your question:

http://myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=lauraIngallsWilder

--The MY HERO Library Staff

Ali Lynn | 1/30/2008 5:21 AM
i love the book b/c i have to do a project on her and the book helped me
ABIGAIL | 3/19/2007 10:44 AM
I LOVE YOUR BOOKS LAURA
Alll Star Gymnast | 1/30/2007 8:52 AM
I once did this biography on Laura Ingalls Wilder and I learned so much about her. I learned that she went though alot of bad and good things. Also she had to move quite a few times. I enjoy reading all of her books. I have alot of them too. She inspires me to be just like her because I love reading and writing.So, I recommend children and even adults to read all of her series.
Gloria Hodge McAuliffe | 1/15/2007 8:19 AM
My 6th grade teacher read the Little House books to us, and I remember looking forward anxiously to each chapter. I was inspired, and grateful to have to opportunity to experience vicariously the love and joys of the Ingalls family.  I believe EVERY child should read, or have read to them, the Little House books.  I am 54, and just finished reading the series again, and enjoyed it just as much as I always do. I would like to thank Laura for sharing her life with generations.
Candy | 12/20/2006 12:57 AM
I recommend the Little House series to anyone who wants to learn the true value of family and love!
kathy large | 10/11/2006 5:34 AM
i have read that book and i found it to be a very inspiring book for me.
Hala Orlowski | 9/11/2006 9:55 AM
I named my first daughter Laura Elizabeth after Laura Elizabeth Ingalls.  Little House in the Big Woods is the first book that I remember absolutely loving. I still love the books and recently read them again at age 60.
Parker Tyrel Shelton | 5/11/2006 1:31 AM
I think that Laura's books are inspiring and very interesting
sterling | 5/6/2006 12:35 PM
I love lauras books
leslie | 4/6/2006 3:56 AM
I think all little children  and grownups alike can relate to laura,thats what allures so many readers.
fishing sun 2-19-06 AWESOME | 2/19/2006 4:02 AM
i love laura ingalls wilder she is so cool i love her books i am her number 1 fan she is awesome i love things like amish
i like how in her books she wrote old sayings like uncle john is sick a bed what shall we send him a piece of pie a piece of cake apple n dumplin what shall we send it by a golden sauser of course who shall we send it by the governers daughter if the governers daughter aint home who shall we send it by...then all the girls shouted by laura ingalls etc i am a#1 fan of LAURA INGALLS WILDER SHE IS MY HERO!lAURA RULES
alyssa | 1/7/2006 9:25 AM
i like the book
Bobby Dec 18 ,2005 | 12/18/2005 2:26 AM
i have loved reading her books from when i was a child now i have passed them on to my daughter who reads them not once but twice, she made me smile as i do hope in the years to come, many many more get the chance to experience the great writings of Laura Ingalls Wilder
anonumous | 11/9/2004 2:24 AM
Laura's books made me want to be her in many ways.
chelsey | 9/30/2004 7:14 AM
if you like laura ingalls wilder which i do you will like LAURAS ALBUM its all about her and some things about almanzo and rose it has a lot of cool facts i recommend this book its a really good book

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews