Milton Hershey

by Nicole

Milton Hershey  (http://www.philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/hall (Philanthropy Roundtable))
Milton Hershey (http://www.philanthropyroundtable.org/almanac/hall (Philanthropy Roundtable))

Milton Hershey is my hero. Milton Hershey was a creative individual who never gave up and followed his dreams. When Milton was young, he started working at a printing company. However, he soon discovered that printing was not right for him. He then got a job at an ice cream factory that also produced candies. He experimented with all different types of candies and then realized that he had a serious interest in candy and decided to open up his own candy shop. That was the start of Milton's career. Although he worked very hard, the shop failed to make a profit and was forced to shut down. Instead of giving up, Milton decided to go to Denver, Colorado to learn how to make caramels and The Lancaster Caramel Company was born. He started making chocolate and sold it next to the caramels and before he knew it, the chocolate became more popular than the caramels. He stopped selling caramels and focused on his chocolates and went on to become the most brilliant chocolate maker in the world.

Milton Hershey was a very creative man. He worked at Royer's Ice cream Garden which was an ice cream shop that also sold candy. After working there for many years, he gathered lots of experience in the candy business. He loved everything about it and was always using his creativity to experiment with different flavors and come up with new creations. His creativity allowed him to start making and selling caramels before giving it up for his more popular chocolates.

Milton Hershey never gave up. In his early days his love of candy pushed him to open his own candy shop. Even though it went out of business, he didn't give up. He then went to New York and started to sell candy on the streets. Unfortunately, that also didn't work out but Milton still didn't give up. He went back to Lancaster, his hometown, and started to work with caramel which led him to open The Lancaster Caramel Company. It ended up becoming successful and evolved into the Hershey chocolate company we know today.

Milton Hershey followed his dreams. Throughout his journey to build the most popular chocolate in the world, Milton was faced with many challenges and failed many times. For example Milton tried to open his own candy shop when he was young, but It did not work out. A lot of people would have been disappointed and given up, but Instead of accepting defeat, he always kept pushing forward. Following his dreams was more important than the temporary failure. He had a vision and eventually made it come true with lots of hard work and dedication. If you believe, you can make anything possible and that's what Milton did.

Milton Hershey followed his dreams. Throughout his journey to build the most popular chocolate in the world, Milton was faced with many challenges and failed many times. For example Milton tried to open his own candy shop when he was young, but It did not work out. A lot of people would have been disappointed and given up, but instead of accepting defeat, he always kept pushing forward. Following his dreams was more important than the temporary failure. He had a vision and eventually made it come true with lots of hard work and dedication. If you believe, you can make anything possible and that's what Milton did.

A&E Television . Biography.com. A&E Television , 2015 .

Philanthropy Roundt. ".." [Online] Available .. 2015.

Hershey Derry Townsh. "hersheyhistory." [Online] Available .. 2014.

Phil Shapiro. .. Phil Shapiro, 1995.