Nicolas Cage

by Brett from Delaware, Ohio

My hero is Nicolas Cage. He was born in Long Beach, California, USA. He is also a movie star and is somewhat of a comedian. On January 7, 1964, Nicolas Kim Copolla was born in Long Beach, California to August Coppola and Joy Vogelsang. Famed director, Francis Ford Coppola, is his uncle.

In 1979, his family moved to San Francisco where he began to learn to act at the American Conservatory Theater. He changed his name to Nicolas Cage around 1982. Cage did not want to receive favoritism as the nephew of his famous uncle. His new name was based on the comic book hero Luke Cage.

In 1981, he received His first professional acting job when he made a short appearance in the TV movie, "Best of Times." At last, his big break came in 1987 when he co-starred in Moonstruck with Cher. Cher hand-picked him for the part of Ronny Cammareri, and the movie was a box office success. "His most critically acclaimed role came when he starred in Leaving Las Vegas (1996) where he won or was nominated for various awards, including the Academy Award for Best Actor."

Nicolas Cage is my hero because his personality is similar to mine. He also is kind of funny in a way. He plays one of my favorite characters in "The Ghost Rider" and "Next." He inspires people by the way he dresses and the way he acts.