Steve Jobs

by Trevor from San Diego

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself" (Campbell). These words really summed up my hero, Steve Jobs; co-founder of Apple. Steve Jobs was an adopted child raised in northern California. With his friend Steve Wozniak they created the world famous Apple company from the ground up, starting with computer motherboards and working to what it is today. Some important events in his were things like him moving and making his first sale for his company Apple and meeting his wife and having children. One of the most important places in my hero's life was Northern California, this is where he grew up here and made his business here. His "golden years" were the mid-90's to early 2000's where he really made his statement in his company and to people all around the world. A hero must possess optimism, determination and never settled for less, he must be optimistic about others, determined to succeed, and to never settled for anything less than perfect and what he is okay with. Steve Jobs is a hero because of his confidence, because he never settled for less, and optimism, these characteristics made Steve jobs a well rounded person, and none the less a hero.

Steve Jobs is a hero because of the confidence he used to live his life to the fullest and made the biggest differences in the world around him. Jobs wanted to live life a little bit different, a way everyone should: "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever" ( Valentino-Devries). This quote showed  Steve jobs was confident about his life and where it would take him. He was trying to live in the moment and made it so he could succeed. He taught us all to live in the moment and to go with the flow we should not be concerned about the future but instead live in the moment. Jobs was confident in his company, and the ability to make a great diffrence: "The desktop market has entered the dark ages, and it's going to be in the dark ages for the next 10 years, or certainly for the rest of this decade" (Wolf). Jobs had the guts and the confidence to make a drastic change to his company because he knew it was the right decision and he didn't want anyone to get in the way of that. He knew one era was over and that he had to start another Jobs confidence in life and all of his decisions lead him to true greatness.

Determination, optimism, and never settling for less made Steve Jobs a true hero. To be a hero you have to consist of many characteristics such as the characteristics Jobs consists of. Steve Jobs inspired me because of his passion and determination for what he believed in. He really summed it up the best "Simple can be harder than complex. You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains." In life it takes work and effort to understand what you are shooting for in life. To think clearly you must work hard, this inspired me in life to work hard now so that I can change the world later in life. I would like to leave you with the same quote that Jobs left the Stanford class of 2005 "Stay hungry, stay foolish". This quote means something to me because it encourages me to never give up and become boring, instead I should keep thinking outside the box.

Corrigan, Jim. Business Leaders: Steve Jobs. Greensboro, NC: Morgan Reynolds Pub., 2007. Print.

Kimmel, Leigh Husband, and Kimmel Leigh Husband. "Steve Jobs." Great Lives From History: The Twentieth Century (2008): 1.Biography Reference Center. Web. 2 May 2014.

Moisescot,, Romain Moisescot,. "All about Steve Jobs.com." All about Steve Jobs.com. N.p.,   2014. Web. 02 May 2014.

Jobs, Steve." Britannica Biographies (2012): 1. Biography Reference Center. Web. 5 May 2014

"Steve Jobs's Best Quotes - Digits - WSJ." Digits RSS. N.p., 2014. Web. 08 May 2014.

Jobs was also a hero because he believed strongly in never settling for less, no matter what it was. Jobs thought: "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle" ( Valentino-Devries).  This quote show Jobs didn't settle for less in life, especially something in his life that he would spend the rest of it doing.  You will enjoy your life so much more if you wake up every day in a happy mood because you are doing what you love. Jobs job at apple was just like that for him, he enjoyed every second of it and that made him very passionate. Jobs also only settled for the best in his work too "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me ... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me." ( Valentino-Devries). He was able to make it so he made the best products

of the century because he was able to make it so he could be know. He wanted to make it so he was remembered by making products that were the best of the best. Making a difference in people's life was much more important to him than having all of the money in the world Jobs mentality made it so he could make his life the most enjoyable.

Jobs was a optimistic person when it came to life and everything about it. He said this to show his optimism: "I'm an optimist in the sense that I believe humans are noble and honorable, and some of them are really smart. I have a very optimistic view of individuals..."     (Valentino-Devries).  Right now a lot of people are ruining humanity and we are going down a hole with no return because of the actions and decisions that they made, while Steve jobs may have heard this he still is optimistic. He believed that, the next generation will be able to change and make a difference in our world no matter what they did in their past. We live in such a great country but the next generation needs to make sure it stays that way. That is what jobs is optimistic of. Jobs believed that: "If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." ( Valentino-Devries). Steve jobs encouraged people to never give up and to stay optimistic no matter what. There is no reason to ever give up on something in your life no matter how much you feel like quitting, there will always be something for you, you just have to find it. This mentality will really get you far in life. Steve Jobs optimism helped encourage people to strive for greatness in even the toughest of times.