Winston Churchill

by Rodrigo from San Isidro, Argentina

Monument in honor of Wiston Churchill (google

A real hero is a person who takes care of others and is admired for his bravery, goodness or great hospitality, especially when they have done an act of great courage under very dangerous conditions.

So my personal hero is Winston Churchill. He was borne in the United Kingdom in 1874 and during his life he was a soldier, Prime Minster and a very good writer.

He was an example to follow because he never gave up, he continued trying, it didn’t matter if he failed. He was a very brave man even in the worst time in Europe. When all the countries were invaded by the Nazis, he took the leadership of his nation just promising blood, sweat and tears. That meant he was a realistic man and the people believed in him! The king was the one who could stop him but he didn’t as Churchill was a very good Prime Minister. He was a soldier, who always fought for human rights. I’m trying to follow in his footsteps, especially being a peacemaker because he believed wars are useless and I do too. Churchill had a fantastic talent of negotiating situations.

In a few words, he was a man of faith who always made his best effort and never gave up.