Yolanda King

by Hannah from West Chester

Hello. Today, you will learn what makes a person heroic, what empathy is and how empathy affects an individual's perspective of others. Also, you will see how where a person lives affects how they live. You will be learning a bit on Yolanda King. Now let's get along.

What is empathy and how does it affect an individual's perspective of others? Well, empathy is the ability to understand and share some of the feeling of another person. It affects an individual's perspective of others because it helps people relate to one another. It affects people because people can get concerned over the well- being of their friends and family. Yolanda King had empathy because she was an activist. Also as an actor, she identified with different characters, displaying empathy. Also, your level of empathy is dependent on where you live.

How does where a person lives affect how they live? Well, people are usually in a particular environment. Most people think according to the environment. Their needs and wants are tied to the environment they live in. Also, many people are influenced by the people they grow up around. This may include friends, family, parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles and the community as a whole. Now let's see what else affects how heroic a person is.

What makes a person heroic? This question may be asked a lot in growing minds. And no, I'm not talking about Superman, Spiderman or the Black Widow. I mean heroes who stood up for something. For example, Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks are good examples. More specifically, Yolanda King, daughter of Martin Luther King. She was heroic because she helped to continue her father's dream of equality for all. She did this by being an activist, by both sharing and showing the dream in her acting. She starred in movies and some kid's television shows. That's one example of what makes a person heroic.

Well, that's the answer to your questions. Remember, Yolanda King used her acting career to further her father's dream. She is a true hero.