Looking After Our Past, Present and Future

Produced by: Mark Pearce / Directed by: Mark Pearce | Documentary | 2016 | Australia

Two wise women from two worlds share their knowledge in attempt to protect cultural and biological diversity against the expansion of coal seam gas mining in the Pilliga; the largest temperate woodland in eastern Australia.

<
>

Trey Carlisle
Us and Us_
A look at dehumanization through the eyes of a black teen and the history of genocides.
walk again project
Walk Again Project
Dr. Nicolelis is also founder of the Walk Again Project, an international consortium of scientists and engineers, dedicated to the development of an exoskeleton device to assist severely paralyzed patients in regaining full body mobility.
Starbucks
Upstanders: The Mosque Across the Street
What happens when a mosque moves across the street from a church in the Bible Belt?
Picture of The $1 Microscope
The $1 Microscope
A device made from paper promises to make microscopes as widely available as pencils.
Rava Films
FIELDWORKS: Jody Wood, Beauty in Transition
2014 ABOG Fellow Jody Wood brings her mobile beauty salon to nine homeless shelters over three months in New York City.
Picture of Water Song
Water Song
Máxima Acuña, a subsistence farmer in Peru’s northern highlands, stood up to Newmont Mining Corporation!
Picture of How Far I Want to Go
How Far I Want to Go
Picture of My Hero Pomozi.ba
My Hero Pomozi.ba
Picture of The Equal Justice Initiative
The Equal Justice Initiative
Picture of Phoolan [Trailer]
Phoolan [Trailer]
Picture of L’HEURE DU THÉ (Tea Time)
L’HEURE DU THÉ (Tea Time)
Picture of Foster Parents Needed
Foster Parents Needed
Picture of Reinforcement Trailer
Reinforcement Trailer
Picture of Swim for the Reef
Swim for the Reef
A Texas grandfather's extraordinary quest to protect the coral reefs and his challenge to humanity to take care of the things we love.
Picture of We Are Ngarrindjeri
We Are Ngarrindjeri
As part of Ngarrindjeri's national-building campaign, this short documentary features several generations of Ngarrindjeri, elders past and present, and the breadth of Ngarrindjeri activities across culture, lands and waters. Ngarrindjeri are claiming their rights to culture through an ongoing struggle for survival as the only Indigenous nation living within 100 kilometers from a major western city in South Australia.
Picture of Beneath Paradise
Beneath Paradise
The island of Culebra, located off the coast of Puerto Rico, is one of the richest ecosystems in the Caribbean. Abundant mangroves, coral reefs and world renowned beaches, like Flamenco Beach, attract tourists from all over. Today, active munitions from WW2 pose a threat to people, wildlife, and the environment. Activists, fishermen, professors, and military personnel aim to prevent further irreparable damage to Culebra’s coral reefs.
Picture of Water for Gold
Water for Gold
Water for Gold tells the alarming story of how international trade law is leading us to trade our most basic rights to clean, safe water for access to gold.
Picture of Get in the Way [Trailer]
Get in the Way [Trailer]
Picture of Hope in My Veins
Hope in My Veins
Picture of International Film Festival Overview 2016
International Film Festival Overview 2016
The MY HERO International Film Festival is celebrating 12 years of inspiring media. Become part of the community and submit your work today.