Mother Teresa

by Danica from Amherst

A hero is someone who inspires us to do something. They also have qualities that you would like to have. My hero is Mother Teresa. She has qualities that I would like to have. Her amazing qualities include being selfless, giving and she was inspirational.

She went to India and saw the sick, poor and dying kids and decided to stay. She spent the rest of her life helping them. She also opened up charities throughout India to help many more sick kids.

Conviction is when you believe in something and you stick to it. In Mother Teresa’s first year of helping kids she had no food and no money. Even though this was hard for her she stuck to it and she did it.

She was inspirational because she inspired people to open up charities around the world. To this day people around the world are continuing to what she did. She also won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for doing what she did.