Black Stars: African American Women Scientists and Inventors

By Ortha Richard Sullivan, James Haskins (Editor)

Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated, October 2001
ISBN: 047138707X
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
FROM THE PUBLISHER
Inspiring profiles in courage and achievement spanning three centuries of American history This latest gem in the Black Stars series brings African American women heroes of science and invention to life for young readers ten to fourteen years of age. Thirty lively profiles of both unsung and legendary heroines spanning three hundred years of American history. Each profile includes its subject's background and achievements and the challenges they overcame. These stories of courage and determination will be a source of inspiration and encouragement for the next generation of heroines and heroes of every ethnic background.

Otha Richard Sullivan, PhD (Jackson, MI), is a former science teacher and middle school guidance counselor with the Detroit Public School System. He has taught teachers how to integrate African American scientific history into their classes. He is also author of African American Inventors (Wiley: (0-471—14804-0). Jim Haskins (New York, NY) is the award-winning author of more than 100 books for young readers.

User Reviews:
| 3/26/2008 3:31 AM
Awesome
TYROME | 3/29/2007 4:35 AM
A YO I LIKE THIZ BOOK YOULL NEED TO MAKE SOME MORE LIKE THIZ
grevel | 3/29/2007 12:13 AM
this is awesome

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews