My Hero Learning Circle - Elementary - January 2012

Children around the world share their hero stories.

My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. This diverse Elementary School circle is composed of classes participating from Russia (5 ), Romania and Canada (2). The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your amazing results, that everyone can see on this page. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our children. Happy New Year. Wendy Jewell - Facilitator
We participated in the My Hero Elementary Learning Circle in 2011-2012. Our class is a grade 4 class in Morrisburg, Ontario, Canada. 19 students studied a variety of people they considered to be heroes. Each student chose someone that he or she considered a great hero. Here are their essays on their heroes.
A huge thanks to everyone who participated in this learning circle and to Jim for arranging our web conference. Thanks to those who sent a welcome package, our class enjoyed them a lot. I look forward to another My Hero project next year.
We participated in the My Hero Elementary Learning Circle in 2011-2012. My students are in class, aged between 6 and 7. Together, the 28 students have studied about heroes in the beginning of stories and fairy tales, and then attached the close environment of the country abroad. Students chose one hero who they would like to resemble. Here are their creations, both artistic and literary.

Organizer created on 1/9/2012 12:26:03 PM by Wendy Jewell

Last edited 7/18/2013 4:55:20 PM by Wendy Jewell