My Hero Learning Circle - High School - May 2011

Teenage stories, art and short films of heroism from around the world.

My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. This particular High School My Hero Learning Circle started out with 11 teachers and classes from Canada, Georgia, USA, Kenya, Palestine, Taiwan and Russia. As with the other circles there were many weather challenges that caused a lot of days to be missed which cut into the time to do projects like this one. BUT most everyone persevered and below we see the wonderful results. I invite everyone to click around these Organizer pages and find out who inspires teens around the world. Thank you every teacher and student for your dedication to this project. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again. Cheers Wendy Jewell, Facilitator, My Hero Learning Circles.

This is my students' contribution to the My Hero project. They are thrilled to share their stories and reflections about what a real hero is. It's our first experience in this amazing and educative project. =))))
Eastview Leadership Heroes and Leaders The heroes on this page were chosen by leadership students who also view these individuals as leaders. Students were asked to consider qualities they believe a leader should possess and choose a hero based on these qualities. The individuals who were chosen represent heroes from many different domains. Their stories are truly inspiring.
Heroes That Inspire--NNKIEH. Great examples to Learn from the Daily Life. It's the first time for students in Nanke Experimental High in Tainan, Taiwan, to have the chance to explore their heroes through this international platform. They will cherish this unforgettable experience and learn from their chosen heroes in the course of their lives. Despite a hectic, tight schedule both for the teacher and students, we still strived our best to present our works here. Perhaps this experience also gave a taste of what pressure our heroes have to endure and surpass in their lives.
There are many silent heroes in our midst Silent heroes This is the contribution of students from Gimnazija Tolmin- Slovenia who would like to share with the world their view of heroes we all come across every day, namely the silent heroes. There are many silent heroes out there and they should not be ignored although they are not talked about.
I have been working with the students of 9-11 on this project. This is our first year to participate in it. My students have experience in exchange programmes with Cairo American College, Esparto High School CA (USA), schools in different parts of Georgia. The FFG (Future Farmers of Georgia) a students' organisation, was first formed information about them in our school. They are involved in extra curricular activities at school, but the MY HERO Learning Circle was new for us.
Ekaterine Chimakadze and her high school students from Tbilisi, Georgia, took part in this global online exchange and have shared a very interesting and diverse set of heroes with their Circle partners and the world.

Organizer created on 5/17/2011 1:10:31 PM by Wendy Jewell

Last edited 7/18/2013 4:55:20 PM by Wendy Jewell