Check out the hundreds of stories, art, short films and audio from teachers and students from countries around the world who have participated in the My Hero Learning Circles.

Wonderful stories and art about their HEROES from Middle School Kids around the world.
My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others’ cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. These Middle School Circles, MHM1 and MHM2 are very diverse, with classes participating from Azerbaijan, USA, Uganda, Russia, Belarus, Indonesia, Ukraine and Taiwan. The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your inspiring results, that everyone can see on this page. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our youth.
This first MY HERO CALL TO ACTION learning circle featured 5 brave adventurous teachers and their students from Canada, USA and Morocco. Their goal was to choose a hero or hero organization to support in whatever way they saw fit and to document their actions with skype sessions, blogs, diaries, art and or short films. Below are their very impressive results! Thank you Laura, Mali, Jim, Chris and Aziz for diving in and creating such powerful work with your students to make the world a better place.
This particular Elementary circle is the largest ever (14 classes from USA, Morocco, Canada and Romania) and the most active! The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your amazing results, that everyone can see on this page. From kindergarten kids using the Gallery to kids with no computers completing bilingual stories to kids interviewing their heroes on camera to all the amazing kids in this circle that figured out who makes a difference in their lives and our world... THANK YOU. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our children. Have a great summer. - Wendy
This particular High School circle was very diverse with classes participating from France, Russia, Canada, Bahrain and Morocco. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and discover these inspiring heroes shared by teenagers from around the world. Cheers – Wendy Jewell – Facilitator – My Hero Learning Circles
Children around the world tell us about their heroes.
This Middle School circle is the largest and most diverse to date, with classes participating from USA, Russia, Canada, Ukraine, Spain, Indonesia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your amazing results, that everyone can see on this page. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our children.
Wonderful stories of heroism from kids around the world.
This Middle School circle is very diverse, with classes participating from India, USA, Slovenia, Canada, Ukraine, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Indonesia. The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your inspiring results, that everyone can see on this page.
Thank you to all the hard working teachers that took part in this middle school My Hero Learning Circle. We began with 6 teachers and classes from USA, Belarus, Ukraine, Canada and Nepal. It was a challenging time with the global weather causing many schools to close for days at a time, as well as Nepal dealing with 14 hour rolling blackouts. But we still had a great exchange and interaction with teachers and students and the Organizer pages above share some wonderful heroes with this circle and the world. We look forward to working with all of you again.

My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. This diverse Middle School circle is composed of classes participating from Canada (2), Romania, Russia, Belarus (2) and Slovenia (2) . The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your amazing results, that everyone can see on this page. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our children. Happy New Year. Wendy Jewell - Facilitator

This diverse Middle School circle is composed of classes participating from Canada (2), USA, Belarus, Mexico, Russia (2) and Slovenia. The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your amazing results, that everyone can see on this page. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our children.
Teenage Stories of Heroism.
My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. This particular High School circle had classes participating from Russia, USA, Ukraine, Iran, Morocco, Taiwan, Ghana, India and Kenya. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and discover heroes from around the world. Have a great summer. - Wendy
Teenage stories, art and short films of heroism from around the world.
This particular High School My Hero Learning Circle started out with 11 teachers and classes from Canada, Georgia, USA, Kenya, Palestine, Taiwan and Russia. As with the other circles there were many weather challenges that caused a lot of days to be missed which cut into the time to do projects like this one. BUT most everyone persevered and below we see the wonderful results. I invite everyone to click around these Organizer pages and find out who inspires teens around the world. Thank you every teacher and student for your dedication to this project.

Kampabits Heroes of Uganda. Empowering youth for a better tomorrow. Kampabits is a digital design school that empowers youth from slums using ICT. Its a brain idea of Ineke Aquarius, Emer Beamer and Hester Ezra - founders of Butterfly Works.

My Hero Learning Circles is an online global exchange that has My Hero partnered with iEARN.org. Teachers and students from around the world learn about each others’ cultures, communities, countries and of course, their heroes. The world is brought into each of their classrooms and their classrooms into the world. This particular Elementary circle started with 14 classes from USA, Canada, Russia, Egypt and South Korea. The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and perseverance during a circle that saw many schools closed for many days due to intense weather conditions. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our children.
The elementary My Hero Learning Circle session ending in June 2011 was another great success! Thank you to all the wonderful and dedicated teachers and students of this session. We started out with 14 teachers and classes from the USA, Canada, Russia and Slovenia. It was a wild ride as due to many episodes of weather around the world there were lots of weather days to make up for which cut into participating in the extra and important activities like our global online learning circles about the best of humanity. But most everyone managed to complete their projects for My Hero and below are the wonderful Organizer pages to share with each other and the world. Enjoy your summer! We look forward to working with you again in the next session of the My Hero Learning Circles.

Children around the world share their hero stories. This diverse Elementary School circle is composed of classes participating from Russia (5 ), Romania and Canada (2). The My Hero Project thanks you for all your hard work and for your amazing results, that everyone can see on this page. I encourage everyone who sees this to take some time and click through ALL of the classes in this new archive of heroism as seen through the eyes of our children. Happy New Year. Wendy Jewell - Facilitator

Children around the world share their stories, art and audio recordings of their heroes!

The elementary My Hero Learning Circle session ending in June 2012 was another great success! Thank you to all the wonderful and dedicated teachers and students of this session. We started out with 11 teachers and classes from the USA, Romania, Russia and Jordan. I will be adding several more when they come in. We experienced some unusual technical issues from several servers but most everyone managed to complete their projects for My Hero and below are the wonderful Organizer pages to share with each other and the world. Enjoy your summer! We look forward to working with you again in the next session of the My Hero Learning Circles.

Organizer created on 7/18/2012 8:56:43 AM by Wendy Jewell

Last edited 7/18/2013 4:55:20 PM by Wendy Jewell