Press_Release

8th Annual Laguna Hero Fest Premiere screening of Laguna Beach ECO Heroes

HeroFest
HeroFest

LAGUNA BEACH, CA – 5/14/15  The eighth annual Laguna HERO FEST was held on May 14th at [seven-degrees]. 

The event was produced by The MY HERO Project and featured music, art and short films highlighting Laguna Beach 
Eco HEROES.

Live Music was performed by Doug Miller & Stuart Pearlman & Gary Gould
With a special performance of original HERO songs by Steve Wood and Beth Fitchet Wood

The Environmental Art Showcase included these works curated by Art Director Victoria Murphy
Susan MacLeod - Original Kelp themed Paintings, Laguna Niguel
Laguna Beach High School Digital Art - Students Mentored by Kerry Pellow
LB Boys and Girls Club ECO Art - Youth Members Mentored by Emily Murray
Honorees Include Greg MacGillivray, James Pribram, Jordan, and Wyland

Eco Heroes, filmmakers, musicians, local supporters of MY HERO all came together to preview a new half hour film celebrating Laguna Beach Eco Heroes. The project was made possible with support from the Massen Greene Foundation. The film will be made available to local cable and public TV stations and to local hotels. The program brings to light the history of those working to protect Laguna Beach's green and blue belts for generations to come.

LagunaBeachEcoHeroes
LagunaBeachEcoHeroes

The Evening program was a full house at [seven-degrees] building community around the environmental heroes featured in the Laguna Beach ECO Heroes documentary.

Featured heroes include: Greg MacGillivray from One World One Ocean, Nancy Caruso otherwise known as “the Kelp Lady”, Chip McDermott from Zero Trash Laguna, Wyland and more...

The documentary was well received and the audience left inspired by the devotion and commitment of the Laguna Beach ECO Heroes.

LagunaEcoHeroesbanner
LagunaEcoHeroesbanner

Funds for the eighth annual Laguna HERO FEST program were provided by the lodging establishments and the City of Laguna Beach, the Massen Greene Foundation, The Laguna Beach Community Foundation, the Orange County Community Foundation and [seven-degrees].

Steve and Beth
Steve and Beth
An afternoon event featured special conservation activities for youth, a screening of the Laguna Beach ECO Heroes documentary and an environmental art exhibit. Guest presenter Dr. Meg Hiesinger of the Ecology Center lead an interactive Water Conservation program, inspiring each participant to act responsibly in our water use. The MY HERO Project shared the Marine Conservation Curriculum of short films and lesson plans designed to promote ocean stewardship. This project was made possible by support from the Orange County Community Foundation.

Laguna Beach Eco Heroes - - view short films from the half hour program online
Hero Fest Films
How to Have a Hero Fest
How to Host a HERO Fest - Download the PDF