CALL FOR ENTRIES - SYLVIA EARLE OCEAN

CONTACT: Wendy Milette FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Media
media@myheroproject.org
949-376-5964

CALL FOR ENTRIES - SYLVIA EARLE OCEAN CONSERVATION AWARD

LAGUNA BEACH, CA - 03/20/16 - The MY HERO Project is currently accepting submissions for the Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award, a $500 cash prize given to a short film that celebrates heroes who help protect the world’s oceans. This annual prize, awarded each year at the MY HERO International Film Festival, honors the lifelong work of oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle, who dedicated her career to ocean conservation. 

The award is presented by One World One Ocean Foundation (www.oneworldoneoceanfoundation.org), a 501(c)3 public charity that uses the power of giant-screen films to educate and inspire.

The deadline for The Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award is April 1, 2016. Entries must be no longer than 10 minutes in length and should be appropriate for all ages. 

There are categories for filmmakers of all ages and abilities from elementary school student to professional. Entries may include Narrative, Documentary Music Video, Experimental and Animation genres as well as Excerpts, Indy Features in Development and PSAs.

Early deadline is April 15, 2016. Extended deadline is August 15, 2016. 

Submit your film - my hero.com/submit

This is the festival's 12th year of celebrating the world heroes through film. The MY HERO International Film Festival is part of The MY HERO Project, a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes from all parts of the world. MY HERO's award winning web site (www.myhero.com) hosts the world's largest archive of hero themed stories, music, art and short films.

For more information about the festival or on submitting a film, visit myhero.com/earle or email Wendy Milette at media@myheroproject.org.

One World One Ocean

The MY HERO Project