Theodore Roosevelt

by Steven from New York

<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:President_Theodore_Roosevelt%2C_1904.jpg>Theodore Roosevelt</a>
Theodore Roosevelt

Theodore Roosevelt is a great guy who kept promises and loved nature. When he was little, he loved to take a magnifying glass and go out and observe nature. He would also sit under a tree and observe animals in their habitat. He had always loved nature and the outdoors. As he got older, he became even more interested in nature.

He could now do more for nature than he could when he was younger. The first big thing he did was set up the Conservation Act. By the time he became President, he had saved more than 150 million acres of wildlife.

People still shot endangered animals. This was a big problem because people were killing the animals. Theodore Roosevelt made laws to protect these animals. He kept his promise to the people to save animals and forests. When he said he would protect most animals, he meant all. He started the first wildlife preserve for birds.

Theodore Roosevelt was nicknamed the conservation president. Since he was president, he had the ability to make laws to protect nature. He was known for saving animal species that were almost extinct. Theodore Roosevelt was well known for being a great friend of nature. He was always doing something that had to do with nature in his spare time.

Theodore Roosevelt also saved the Grizzly Bear. He had saved so many of them that some people decided to make a bear. At first they didn’t know what to name the bear. Then, someone finally came up with a name. The Teddy Bear was his name. Theodore’s actions allow generations today and future generations to see some of these animals.

Theodore Roosevelt is no doubt a hero in America’s eyes.

Theodore Roosevelt - Theodore Roosevelt.org
Theodore Roosevelt - and the origin of the Teddy Bear
Theodore Roosevelt - The White House
Theodore Roosevelt - the Great Conservationist
Theodore-Roosevelt.com - Theodore Roosevelt facts, biography, speeches, photos, cartoons, quotes, and comprehensive research resources.