Coco Chanel

by Laura from Taipei

<a href=http://perso.orange.fr/pcf.evry/cocochanel.jpg>Coco Chanel</a>
Coco Chanel

Her name is Coco Chanel. But her real name was Gabrielle Chanel. She was born on August 19th 1883 in France. When she was twelve years old, she lost her parents. Then, she went to the orphanage and learned how to sew. She started to work and started her life at the tailor’s when she was seventeen years old. And then she opened a hat store in Paris in 1908. She designed not only the hats, but also the fashion clothes. Her designs emancipated women from uncomfortable clothing. And she started to lead French women to wear loose clothes. She died in Paris in 1971. Afterwards, she was called “Fashion Queen.” Her spirit would live on.

The most important thing is that she inspired the women to seek what they liked. She doesn’t want women to dress like men. Although she thought the equality of men and women was important, women’s characteristics shouldn’t be forgotten. So, her pantsuit was designed for women to work conveniently. As for the evening gown, she said that at night women should dress themselves like the butterfly. Her design could help women show their figures.

<a href=http://www.calypsochronicles.com/images/dynamic/coco-chanel.jpg>Coco Chanel
Coco Chanel

I like her designs. She had her own style and dared to express herself. Although she got some of the ideas from other people, she always insisted on quality of creation – succinct, elegant and practical. I would like to be a fashion designer like her-- persistent, creative. And I really like what she said “Fashion would change but style wouldn’t change.”

Today, Chanel has become an indicator for fashion because the brand is getting popular with young people. Whether the leather bags or the accessories, they symbolize nobleness. Therefore, women like to have one of the products of Chanel, even the lipstick. Unquestionably, Coco Channel creates the miracle.

Coco Chanel - About Coco Chanel