FAMILY HERO:
GEORGE PAUL HORSE CAPTURE
by Red Willow from Billings

This is my grandfather, George, and I. ( (George Paul Horse Capture, Red Willow Horse Capture))

George Paul Horse Capture is a hero because he encourages me to make the right decisions. George is also my grandfather. For example, he had earned his masters degree and received an honorary doctorate, he encourages me to do the same. George is also a very strong believer in The One Above. His success has a impact on my life. George is a very accomplished, Gros Ventre', man.

He is a about 5 feet and 8 inches tall. He is brown skinned and has gray hair with a couple of freckles on his face. He has a sense of humor and soft hearted. He is very respectful toward others. George has earned his masters degree and received an honorary doctorate, he encourages me to do the same. He has spent many hard working years in college, and has written many books. He encourages me because we both want great success for me. He taught me that knowledge is the key to success, so you must go to college to succeed. He is a strong, believing man.

A book he had wrote. (http://www.prairieedge.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/o/book_horsenation_lg.jpg ())

He is a very strong man, who is a strong believer in The One Above. His mother had taught him in the Catholic way when he was little, and that confused him on his belief. As he grew up, he found strength, and had decided to believe in the Gros Ventre' way. The decision he had made put a smile on my face, because he is a wonderful man. George has touched my heart.

I want to be as successful as him knowing I'll have an exciting future. Knowing all the things he had accomplished, he must stand proud. I don't want to live my one life, knowing I could have done better. I do want to live a life that I could smile and say, "This must be how grandpa feels." George is my proud hero.

Edward Curtis 1908 photograph of Horse Capture(http://www.loc.gov/pictures/resource/cph.3b30538/ ())

In conclusion, George P. Horse Capture is a very special hero to me. He is a very accomplished, intelligent, man. He makes very important decisions in his life. His life has made an impact on mine. All that I wrote, I meant from my heart.

Written by Red Willow from Billings
This story has been submitted by a guest user and does not necessarily represent the views of The My Hero Project or its staff.

George Paul Horse Capture Wikipedia

American Art

Native American Authors George Paul Horse Capture

Gros Ventre People Wikipedia

More Featured Family Heroes