George Washington

by Matt from Palermo

George Washington on the Dollar Bill
George Washington on the Dollar Bill

This is my “My Hero” report on George Washington. He is my hero because he was the very first president of the U.S.A.

Can you imagine being the very first of anything? Never knowing what is wrong and what is right. Like if you just moved here to a different school or a different town and did not know what to do. But there was a war going on when he got elected, so he was not that clueless on what to do because he was a very smart, strong and fearless leader on the battlefield.

He has won many battles such as the Revolution against taxes. But not all his fights went as planned, such as the battle in southern Pennsylvania. In 1754 he built a new fort, Fort Necessity, on a hill to defend against oncoming French troops. But sadly he had to surrender.

14 years after he was asked to lead the army. George Washington ran for the president of the United States of America. But he was not alone in this race for America. There was another person running for president. His name was John Adams but he lost; then George Washington felt sorry for him so he became the very first vice president.

So those are the many reasons why George Washington is my hero. This concludes my story.