Jeff Samuel Corwin

by Christine from Mission Viejo

I think I do what I do today because of having those symbolic experiences in my childhood, and frogs have always held a special place in my conservation efforts.
Jeff interacting with wild elephants in Africa. (http://www.mydesert.com/article/20090316/NEWS01/903160317/-1/RSS01)

Jeff Corwin is a celebrity on many popular television shows. Viewers have seen him on Animal Planet. His show is called The Jeff Corwin Experience. My oldest brother introduced me to Jeff's show, The Jeff Corwin Experience, about a man who does crazy things in the wild. I was impressed by him, finding unique creatures, capturing wild animals on camera, up-close and much more. His love for animals makes me have a greater interest in animals. Since watching his show, I cannot stop watching Animal Planet. Jeff Corwin is now on many TV channels. For example, Disney Channel, Discovery Channel, and The Food Network. Jeff Corwin has written books about his amazing encounters that he will never forget. It is amazing how he interacts with animals in the wild. I would never have the courage like he does to be up close to a snake or a bear. His behaviors with animals are so calm and entertaining. Jeff makes learning about animals interesting and always puts his famous humor in. I like Jeff because of his ability to work with these creatures at peace, amazes me. How a human being can connect with an animal of the wild so well and with love. His shows are so interesting and have unique creatures to learn or discover about for the first time. His career looks very exciting! Traveling around the world to be with animals that human beings hardly ever get to interact with. Jeff Corwin is famous for being on television shows about exotic and wild animals. It’s amazing how he can balance wildlife as his job and being with his family and friends from home.

Jeff Corwin is a wildlife biologist. He has been an animal lover since he was young. Jeff graduated at Norwell High School in Norwell, Massachusetts. He has been to many universities, Eastern Nazarene College, and transferring to Bridgewater State College. Jeff Corwin received a bachelor of science degree at Bridgewater State College. He also received a bachelor of science degree at MS Wildlife Conservation, University of Massachusetts Amherst. Jeff Corwin’s salary could not be found, although He does have many television shows named after him and is a book writer. Jeff Corwin travels around the world to record his episodes and being always adventurous. His job looks exciting and amazing working with wildlife animals.

Jeff Corwin with a frog from the rainforest for a (http://www.fightforthefrogs.com/corwin.html)

As a young child, Jeff Corwin wanted to travel the world. He lived in the small town of Norwell, Massachusetts USA. It all started at Belize, in 1984 when Jeff was inspired to save endangered species and ecosystems around the world. In Belize, he discovered beautiful tropical rain forests. His family would catch tadpoles to bring them home and to watch them morph into frogs when he was young. Since, he has a special heart for protecting the environment. Jeff was raised in a small, upper-class community of south Boston. After finishing college, he received his degrees in Biology and Anthropology from Bridgewater State College in Bridgewater, Massachusetts. He had received a master’s degree in wildlife and fisheries conservation form the University of Massachusetts and Amherst. In 1999, Bridgewater State College honored Jeff with a doctorate in public education for his work by telling people about the need for an easy and friendly approach to using natural resources and how important it is to conserve endangered species. He has always believed that the very important elements of our planet can be conserved for future generations. He wishes that instead of throwing trash away, to save it for the end of the day and look at what is left and created. He also says that getting involved with local organizations is a good opportunity.

Jeff driving for an episode for his Food Network  (http://www.foodnetwork.com/jeff-corwin/bio/index.html)
Jeff driving for an episode for his Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/jeff-corwin/bio/index.html)

Jeff Corwin travels around the world to educate people through television. He is aired on several major TV channels, Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Disney Channel, and much more. He has established an interactive museum and environmental education center called EcoZone. There at EcoZone, builds awareness for animals, the wildlife, and how ecology is unique to the wetlands. Jeff has his own TV shows where he educates the community through the television. He introduces many new animals around the world, from the oceans, deserts, snow, mountains, basically everywhere! He has amazing encounters with wildlife animals. These encounters make you rethink about the bad things society is doing to this home planet. He gives out advice on how to expose our trash and waste properly to help our community one little step at a time. He has won an Emmy for best television host on conservation of endangered species, natural resources and ecosystems around the world. Through education and awareness, he believes that endangered species, natural resources and ecosystems are crucial to our planet to last for future generations.

To be like my hero, I would be involved with my community. I would help out a shelter, clean up a local park, and do community service like I am now through Key Club International. I would also go to zoos or animal theme parks to enjoy the unique animals we have on earth. I love the trust and love from animals. I have a rat terrier dog that is always giving me cuddles and kisses. With my dog, I have a greater respect for animals. Although she is not a wildlife animal it is a start. I want to expose how amazing animals are to people and how important our ecosystem is. Through high school I would learn biology and study life. In college, I would like to be in the medical field with people and/or animals, like becoming a vet, doctor or a nurse. As I grow up, I would like to go camping and travel around the world, to see animals that I have never seen before. If I go to Australia would learn about so many unique animals. Jeff Corwin is my hero who loves animals so much that he is educating the world one little step at a time.

Animal Planet - Biography on Jeff Corwin
Food Network - Biography on Jeff Corwin
Biography - Biography on Jeff Corwin
Fight For the Frogs - Orgaization created by Jeff Corwin
NNDB tracking the entire world - Jeff Corwin's Birth Information