Kurt Cobain

by Mary from Dnepropetrovsk

"There are a lot of things I wish I would have done, instead of just sitting around and complaining about having a boring life." - Kurt Cobain

Every day when you go to work or to school you meet thousands of people. You don't know who they are, how do they live or how do they see the world. But sometimes, in a crowd of strangers there is someone who will change the world, start a revolution. Revolution of views, attitudes and beliefs.

This person was my hero, Kurt Cobain. He was an ordinary guy, who was interested in music. But one day he realized that the music is everything for him. That with the music he can communicate with people: unleash his inner world, show it to everyone

In 1887, Cobain met Krist Novoselic. A young boy whose parents immigrated from Croatia - the exact opposite of Kurt. But despite this, they became best friends, which only death can separate. Cobain offers him a band, but Novoselic, for unknown reasons, refuses. A few years later, re-listening to the song Cobain and completely rethinking their words Novoselic agreed to create a group. It was then laid the foundation of the revolution in the consciousness of an entire generation.

Pass, the furious work on the formation of the group. Recorded a lot of songs. Changing the name of the group. Crazy pace of change of the band. And recorded the first album of the band Nirvana, who shot to fame at the time.

Followed by a fateful meeting with Dave Grohl and the recording of the second album release is done what Kurt sought from the very beginning - a revolution. It was a breakthrough in the art of music. It was something that could change the minds of most people. Basically, the album brought glory to the song Smells Like Teen Spirit that hung on all the world's charts in the first place.  The group's platters flew off the shelves. Only in America sold about 400,000 copies a week.  Kurt Cobain and Nirvana became a popular group like no others. Tour of the country  Performance at the MTV Music Awards and more. This is followed by a significant event in the life of Cobain - He married Courtney Love and their baby was born. They were a wonderful family! All anything, but then Kurt got hooked on drugs. The great glory, heavy touring schedule and the past have done their job. He had to undergo a course of rehabilitation, but it was no good. He knew that he was not destined to live long. Cobain escaped from rehabilitation center in Seattle, he committed suicide. It was a tragedy for the whole world ...

In a few years the band has become an idol. Kurt Cobain lives as an icon for a whole culture, which he actually created. They  admired, loved him. He was a genius in the world of music. His death was a tragedy. Not a single musician in history has been mourned like Cobain.

So why Kurt Cobain is my hero?

Because he is - an icon of millions, the idol of his time, a genius who was able to make music that can not afford much - it changed us, our views and our world! He brings a lot to the art of music, he has given mankind a new consciousness! He did not just turned, he created! Tell me, how many people can do it? Completely disassemble your mind into smaller particles, and then re-assemble it? According to this, Kurt Cobain - my hero. He lives in my heart and mind even for 19 years. And he will live for a long time. And not in only mine, but in the hearts of millions of people. And even after thousands of years, this simple boy from Aberdeen, Washington, who was able to accomplish a revolution of consciousness, will not be forgotten.