Abraham Lincoln

by Sean from Kennebunk

Abraham Lincoln<br> (http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/lincoln-abraham.jpg)
Abraham Lincoln
(http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/lincoln-abraham.jpg)

Throughout time, there have been many people who changed history. These people who have changed history for the good are all heroes, but one of these people I think is the biggest hero. A hero to me is someone who attempts to help others, even if it is not their job to do so. I think that Abraham Lincoln perfectly fits my description of a hero, and that’s why I think that he is the greatest hero in history.

I think that Abe is the biggest hero in history for many reasons. I think this because he is somebody who meets my criteria of a hero perfectly. One of the reasons that I think of him as a hero is that he went from living in a small log cabin in the middle of nowhere to being the President of the United States of America. This reminds me that anyone can pursue their dreams, and can become what they want to be. As one of my heroes, he worked hard at what he wanted to do and didn’t give up at becoming the President. That is a true form of heroism, and makes me want to work harder to achieve my goals.

Another reason that I believe Abraham is a true hero is because he was in wars that changed the future. He fought in the Black Hawk War for a brief amount of time, which shows that he would fight for his country and what he believed in. That is what I think makes a regular person into a hero. Heroes respect what they love, and stand up to fight for it when the time comes. Abe reminds me to fight for my rights and what I believe in. He makes me remember that it is not okay to let somebody take your dreams from you.

Although Lincoln fought in wars, there are yet more ways that I find him to be a great hero. In my eyes, I see Abe as the first man to stand up against slavery. He made it known to the world that slavery was the wrong thing to do, and fought for his belief in what he thought was right. He had many followers in the past, but Abe was the first to bring up the topic of slavery and describe how bad it was to his fellow pupils. Even though slavery did not end until years later, Abraham Lincoln put the thought that owning slaves was wrong into everybody’s minds, and made them think of the effects of slavery. Of course, you can probably see that this is heroism at its finest. He stood up for others when he didn’t have to. He fought for people he didn’t even know, just to make sure that they had a better life than they had had when being treated badly. I think that a hero should stand up for others and push for everybody to be treated as equals, no matter what the reasons are that they shouldn’t be treated equally.

Abraham Lincoln was a powerful man, who overcame what everybody else was saying about slavery, and said what he thought was right. He put one of the biggest historical topics into motion, and eventually, long after he was dead, slavery was defeated in most of the United States. Lincoln paved the way to a long road of people standing up for what they believe in. Abraham Lincoln definitely went out of his way to help others, just like a true hero should, which makes him my favorite historical hero of all time.

Abraham Lincoln - Great Emancipator