Milton Hershey

by Henry from Glenview

Milton Hershey
My hero, Milton Hershey (By: Henry)
My hero, Milton Hershey (By: Henry)

Who invented Hershey Chocolate?! Read more to find out! My hero is Milton S. Hershey because he started schools and a community. That is why Milton Hershey is my hero!

First of all, Hershey is my hero because he started lots of schools. Schools are places where children learn. For example, he built an orphanage school for boys (now for boys and girls) because he did not have any children of his own and he wanted all other children to learn with very good education systems. That is only one way he is my hero!

Next, Hershey is my hero because he built a community. A community is a town where people live. For example, he built a whole town for his workers because his town was far out in the country and he did not want his workers to travel far to go to work. His town’s name was Hershey, Pennsylvania. It was located in Pennsylvania. One thing he built in his town was Hershey Stadium. Hershey Stadium is one place built for townspeople to enjoy sports. There’s another way Hershey is my hero!

All in all, Milton Hershey is my hero because he started schools and a whole community. I love Milton Hershey because of his heroic ways!

hershey.com - Click to Learn More!
The MY HERO Project - For the gallery page featuring Henry's portrait of Milton Hershey - and more!

Henry. Milton Hershey.