Mother Teresa

by Emilie from Bradford

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa was very compassionate. When she put her mind to something she would stick with it. When she started an open-air school she had no funds but that didn't stop her from trying!

Mother Teresa Praying
Mother Teresa Praying

Mother Teresa was born in Skopje and grew up in Albania. Her birthday was August 26 but she preferred August 27, the day she was baptized. When she was 8 years old her father died so her mom decided to raise her as a Roman Catholic. Mother Teresa didn't have any siblings. When she was 18 she decided to become a missionary. She left her home in September 1928 to join the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary, known as the sisters of Loreto, in Irelend. Also when she was 18 she felt the calling to God because her father had died 10 years before and she missed him very much.

Mother Teresa as a child
Mother Teresa as a child

The one person that influenced Mother Teresa the most was Jesus because he was very compassionate. Mother Teresa decided to be just like him. Did you know that one of Mother Teresa`s main obstacles was that when she started working she was very poor and then when she started an open-air school she had no funds but that didn't stop her from trying to get funds.

Mother Teresa helping  the sick
Mother Teresa helping the sick

Mother Teresa visited many families. She would wash the sores of children, she cared for an old man lying sick on the road and nursed a woman who was dying of hunger and TB.(TB is a very bad disease. If not treated properly you could die.) Mother Teresa achieved everything she started. Everything that she put her mind to she wouldn`t give up until she achieved what she started.

Mother Teresa smiling
Mother Teresa smiling

Mother Teresa`s first character trait is caring because she changed the bandages of one another. She also helped those with AIDS. Her second character trait is respect because she always cared for the people of the earth. The third character trait is empathy because she heard the cry of people and it called to her heart.

The thing that interested me the most about her life is that she would start her day very early and would go everywhere and anywhere to find someone who needed help. She would even help people even if she needed caring for. She would put her needs aside so she could care for someone else.

Mother Teresa started over one hundred foundations in over one hundred and twenty-six countries. But did you know that when she started her first foundation she had no funds? However, that didn't stop her from trying.

Mother Teresa had a very interesting life. She is my hero and I hope that someday she will be yours too.