Malala Yousafzai

by UGL from Hewitt

Please click on the links to watch our shows.
Puppet Show 5th grade 
Puppet Show 6th grade
How Malala Inspires Us

Aliya
Malala is inspiring because she got shot in the head on her bus. She almost died, but she is still following her dreams.  She got shot for going to school when girls were not allowed to go to school. Two of the kids sitting next to her got wounded.  Malala is inspiring other kids to go and follow their dreams.  Malala is changing the world and she is doing it for the better.  She is doing these thing for a reason.  
"All I want is education and I am afraid of no one." ~Malala
Malala wants to learn, but girls weren't allowed to go to school. She is not afraid to fight for her rights.

Zanaya
Malala inspires me because when she got shot, the doctors thought she wouldn't make it.  All the people that she inspired, started praying.  She made it and now she goes to a new school. Everyone sends letters and notes to her.  She stills sticks up for her education and how girls should go to school.  She never gave up even after the shooting. 
"Let us pick up our books and our pencils.  They are our most powerful weapon." ~Malala Yousafzai
We can learn and do a lot of things with a book and a pencil.  We can be peaceful and strong and stand up for our right to an education.

Justina
Malala Yousafzai inspires me in so many ways.  One major way is that she stood up for her rights.  I would be scared out of my brain to do that.  By this I mean, she risked her life every day by going to school when she wasn't supposed to.  She did it for the girls, to help their education.  If it wasn't for Malala I don't know how educated I would be right know.  If I could see Malala, I would say thank you!
"I speak not for myself, but for those without voice." ~Malala
This is a quote of Malala that speaks to me.  I think this means some people are afraid of fighting for their rights.  Malala is there to do it for them.

Sara
Malala Yousafzai inspires me because she stood up for her rights. She sacrificed herself to give girls their right to go to school even though she wasn't supposed to.  She wanted girls to have their education and their rights to go to school.  

Colleen
Malala inspires me because she wants girls to go to school and she said meaningful words.
"We can not all succeed when half of us are held back." ~  Malala Yousafzai

Abby
Malala Yousafzai inspires me because she gives speeches to world wide citizens and tries to make people's lives turn around and get a new and a better life.  Malala encourages me with all her courageous speeches.

Sophia
Malala: "I dream of a country where education would prevail." Malala wants good education for all.  Malala inspires me because she never gave up.  She still wanted to go to school.  She still had hope.  After she was shot, everything changed.  Doctors from all over the world offered to help her.  She was shot in October and was released in January.  After that, she got interviews on tv and fought for what's right.  She never gave up and neither should we.

Kali
Malala inspires me because she keeps trying and does what she wants.  Even though she wasn't allowed to go to school, she wouldn't let anyone stop her.  After she got shot in the head and recovered, she spoke up.  She makes me feel like I can do anything I put my mind to.  As Malala was having surgery, people in her town and people that knew her were chanting for life to be fair to others.
"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school.  All I want is education.  And I am afraid of no one." ~Malala Yousafzai

Amanda
Malala inspires me because she never gave up and she still wanted to go to school even after she was shot in the head.  She still worked hard despite all of the threats and things people said.  After she was shot, people chanted and marched for things to be fair. She got better in the hospital and went back to school.  She was still determined to learn. She also still wanted things to be fair.
How We Are Similar to Malala

Aliya
Malala and I are alike because we are both brave.  Malala and I will stop at nothing to get what we want.  Malala got shot in the head and she is still following her dreams.  We are faithful, hopeful, and courageous.  Malala is selfless.  She inspires me to follow my dreams.  She will do whatever she can to make the world a better place.  She is a HERO.

Zanaya
Malala and I are alike because she is smart and brave.  She thinks that EDUCATION is more important like I do.  She is brave like me because she is not afraid of ANYONE.  If I was Malala, I would've done the same thing.  I woudn't want someone taking my education away from me.  I'd rather get shot and go to school instead of giving up and not going to school because no one should take your education away.

Justina
I think Malala is like me because she has hope and is courageous. That is like me because if I knew people were taking away girls' education, I would be very upset.  I would fight for my education. She was courageous because she was SHOT after trying to help with girls' education.  But even after that, she still kept trying.  That shows she will never give up like me.  An example is when I was learning how to ride my bike, I kept failing, but I never gave up. Since that I haven't given up!

Sara
Malala and I are alike because we are both studious and we are both hardworking.  Malala didn't let ANYTHING or ANYONE stop her for letting girls have the right to go to school.  Malala has a lot of courage because when the war started, all the school's that girls went to were destroyed and Malala STILL went to the boys only school.  Malala got shot in the head and she still went on to let girls go to school.  She never stopped trying and she never gave up on her dream to let girls have their right to get educated.

Colleen
I'm like Malala because I would like girls to have education too.  I like science, too just like Malala.

Abby
I am like Malala Yousafzai because I am kind and I never give up with anything I do.  I believe in whatever I can do.

Sophia
I think I am like Malala Yousafzai because I speak more than one language and I like reading and writing.  She never gave up and neither have I.  She fought for what she believed in and I do that, too.

Kali
I think I'm like Malala because I never give up what I love and Malala didn't either.  I can be like Malala because I can speak more than one language like English and Spanish.  I like to go to school and my favorite subject is math.  I also like to cook like her, but I like to cook cupcakes and regular cakes. I like to plant flowers and she loves to garden.  I'm also brave because I stick up for my friends even if I would get in trouble and she was also brave.

Amanda
I think I'm like Malala because I am brave and I never give up.  I don't change what I think because other people don't think the same as me.  I also like to go to school to learn new things like she did. I believe in my own thoughts.  I also persevere even when things are tough.
Puppet Show 5th grade 
Puppet Show 6th grade

Please watch our show. - Miss Cemelli''''s 5th grade created this show.
Please watch our show. - Mrs. Morris'' 6th grade created this show.

Brown, Dinah. Who is Malala Yousafzai? . New York: Grosset & Dunlap, 2015.

. "The story of Malala Yousafzai Video". YouTube, 2013.