MIchael Jordan: Greatest Player that Ever Lived

by John from New York

Michael Jordan was the best basketball player to ever live in this world. He was born February 17th in the year of 1963. He was born in Brooklyn, New York. He had tried out for his high school basketball team, but didn't make it. Michael never gave up and made the rest of the basketball teams that he tried out for. Jordan went to Laney high school in Wilmington North Carolina, and then later played for the University of North Carolina (UNC). He was drafted into the NBA in 1984 by the Chicago bulls. Michael was given the nickname Air Jordan because of a sneaker advertising company. He retired from the NBA in 2003.

(-media/Michael-Jordan-346x500-40kb-media-483-media-0079.jpg)

Michael averaged 30.1 points per game and reporters were told by Larry Bird that "god in disguise is Michael Jordan." He has many endorsements which included the company Air Jordan. Michael amazed the crowd with his dunks, his grace, speed and quickness up the court. He had over 50 awards in his years with the NBA. Michael was chosen as the third top player in the country coming out of college. When he was just a freshman he was noticed as a good player when he had scored the game winning basket in the NCAA championship against the Georgetown Hoyas. He was then selected the college player of the year in 1983. When Jordan first left college, he had proven that he was born to play with the pros. He ended his rookie year as one of the top scorers in the league. Michael averaged 28.2 points per game and was chosen as the rookie of the year, and remarkably made the all-star team the same year. He led the bulls to the playoffs every year but had unfortunately not made the finals until 1991. Jordan then led them to three consecutive championships. Michael played in the summer Olympics on the original dream team, which is probably the best team ever assembled. It was also the first time that NBA players were allowed to compete in the Olympics for the U.S. With the dream team, they went 6-0 and Jordan won his second gold medal.

Michael Jordan graceful dunks (http://media.nowpublic.net/images//8a/b/8ab472261f817c21d8bde9595147e79b.jpg)

When Jordan first went to the pros he was a shooter at close range. As it became later in his career, he became a shooter that could shoot from practically anywhere on the court. But in 1993 a tragic accident occurred. Michael's father, James Jordan, was murdered just off the interstate 95. James was robbed and shot. In the same year, Michael retired from the NBA at the age of 30. In 1994 Michael decided to go back to sport that he had played in high school; baseball. He played on a minor league team, the Birmingham Barons, a white sox AA team. He went back to the NBA in 2001 to the Washington Wizards. Michael retired for good in the season of 2002-2003.

Michael Jordan is my hero because is an inspiration to never give up on your dreams. Michael is called one of the nicest people in the sport of basketball. He shows that you should always put family first and should never doubt yourself. In his years of playing basketball he was and may always be considered the best basketball player that has ever lived.

NBA - For Michael's player profile
Wikipedia - For more about the life and basketball career of Michael Jordan