FAMILY HERO:
MAHSUDA ALI
by Imaan from Laguna Beach

My hero is my mom. My mom is the best mom I could possibly have. My mom is my hero because she helps me. If she is cooking, and if I have a question, she'd be happy to help me. In fact, if she's doing anything, she'd be happy to help me. My mom is also encouraging and inspires me to be helpful, kind, and respectful.

My mom was born on April 8 in Afghanistan. She was born before the Taliban ruined Afghanistan. She lived in Afghanistan until she was 19, then she had to move to India because the Taliban hit and she didn't know what was going to happen next. She stayed in India until she was 21. After that she moved to Germany. She stayed in Germany until she was 26. Then she went on a trip to the U.S. There she met my dad. They went back to Germany to get married, and then moved back to California. What amazes me is that my mom has been through so many changes and escaped from the Taliban.

Superman, Batman, and Spiderman -- These may be heroes, but my mom is my hero because she is brave, outgoing, and kind. When I grow up I would love to be just like my mom.

Written by Imaan from Laguna Beach

More Featured Family Heroes