Ampuh Puan Nandini

by BELLA VERITA from Bandung, Indonesia

MOTHER
A Kiss At My 2nd Birthday (At Reims, France)
MOTHER

Hero... what we think when we hear that word? People who sacrifice their lives with blood, sweat and tears to defend the nation? That’s right. But I think a hero is not always the revolutionary, a hero can be.. anything. Many people think of their stuff as the ‘Hero’, or a singer, or an actress, even plants and animals can be heroes for people. I think ‘Hero’ is someone that can make our life different than before, better and more useful than yesterday. Mother is a woman who gave us a birth, that’s the general meaning of a ‘mom’. But I think mother means more than that. She is an extraordinary woman in the world, who takes care of us from we can’t do anything---until we can do a lot of things, like now.

So, to me.. the greatest hero of all is my mother. Hm, it doesn’t mean that I’m not loving my dad, but for now I want to share with all of you about my mom. And it doesn’t mean too that the other mothers in the world are not as good as my own mom. Every kid must be thinking the same as me, that their mothers are the ‘best’ in the whole world. So, I really respect all the mothers in the world generally and my mom especially, hm.. that’s what will make everything fine, ya .

My mom... She has given me a birth, raises me and takes care of me. She always gives me attention as long as I’m still breathing in this world. I don’t know what I’m going to be without her. From the time even before I was born, she had already been loving me by giving me everything I need in her belly, for 9 months and 10 days. She held a very big load with me--- with no complaints at all, being so fat until couldn’t she could hardly walk, she couldn’t wear her favorite dress because it wouldn’t fit anymore on her big body. Why? Because she loves me… On the day I was born, did she stop loving me when she knew and realized that all babies do just makes her tired, they urinate and poop every time they want, crying all the time, eating with messy, throw up on her clothes? No, she didn’t! She is still loving us, no matter what happens. Why? Because she loves me. Sometimes we forget about her kindness, don’t care whether she is healthy or needs something. Does she ever forget us like we sometimes forget her? I don’t think so, she still remembered when was the first time we called her “Mom” It was the first word we can say, and she couldn’t stop crying because she was so happy to hear it, as she did the first time we gave her a birthday present. She works very hard for our food, health, education and always gives her best to us.

My mom is different with the others. She is a very fussy woman, everything she says, means everything must be done. I usually get angry and sad if she starts asking me to do something I didn’t want to. I refused her many times... I remember, I always refused her when she wanted me to eat the breakfast she had made in the morning, I refused her when she asked me to drink the bitter medicine though I was feeling so sick. I said NO when she asked me to wear one weird bag that she bought.. it seems little mistakes, maybe it is just like one in the uncountable of my mistakes I ever made to her. I have made her cry, sad, upset or even feel depressed. And you know what? She still loves me. There are so many sins I have done to her... and everytime I realize that, my tears can’t stop falling down and I’m feeling so bad for her. But in the next days, I do the mistakes again and again .

Because we usually think that we’re grown up now, we have own passion to do everything we want, so why should she always have control over us??? Actually she does that for our own good, she never wants us sad and failing, everything is always for us. Maybe if she can give the whole earth just to make us healthy, happy.. she would give it!

Sometimes I’m thinking, why does she always cares about me? In unlimited time and energy she is always loving me--- for the rest of her life--- even if she doesn’t know if I can do the same thing for her. In every way my mom always wants to help me, though sometimes it just makes me upset and makes the problem more complicated. Although like that, their sacrifice is never ending, their love is never empty. My mother’s love for me is unlimited until the end of time. She always gives and never asks anything in return. Like the sunrise just makes the world seem so bright...

Finally I found the reason for my question... I should have known it from the first time. Because she loves me, that’s all. ^.^