Paul Kinsman

by Taylor from Calgary

"Rock Of The Rock, OZ FM"
My Web About Paul Kinsman (I made it.)
My Web About Paul Kinsman (I made it.)

Paul Kinsman was born in St. John's, Newfoundland, just ten years after Newfoundland became a part of Canada. After he finished high school, he went to Memorial University to study music. He has played piano since he was five years old. When he got there, he joined the university radio station and he realized that he wanted to be a radio broadcaster. So he left music school and joined a broadcasting school in Nova Scotia. He has been a radio broadcaster ever since!

mixer, OZ FM (I made it)
mixer, OZ FM (I made it)

His dad’s name is Alistair Kinsman, he is my Grandfather's younger brother. He was born in St. John’s too and his mom’s name was Mary. She passed away 17 years ago. She was born in Exploits, which is a little island in Notre Dame bay in central Newfoundland. When she was a little girl, she had to go on a open boat to go to school on another island. There are no roads on Exploits because when people lived on Exploits, there were no cars. He has no brothers or sisters.

OZ FM (wikipedia)
OZ FM (wikipedia)

His heroes are mostly musical: Billy Preston played piano on lots of Beatles records, Greg Allman is a great Hammond Organ player. That's his main instrument. Sandy Morris, Glenn Simmons and Ron Hynes are incredible musicians and songwriters from Newfoundland that he idolized when he was young. Over the years, they have become some of his best friends and have been major musical influences in his life... they still are. The way he sees it, if you want to be good at what you feel most passionate about, you never stop learning from the people you admire.

Broadcasting has been his career for a long time but his passion is writing, recording and performing music. As he often tells people who ask about his double life, "There's a difference between what you are and what you do".

This is his 31st year as a broadcaster and he has been a professional musician for about 31 years of time. He now lives in Newfoundland.

OZ FM - oz fm radio website(safe)
the beatles - safe
billy preston web - safe
sandy morris web - safe
ron hynes web - safe