"I've won every contest I've entered this year, I'd like to keep that going if I can."

SPORTS HERO:
RYAN ALLEN SHECKLER
by Summer from Roseville

My hero is Ryan Allen Sheckler, famous, professional skateboarder who lives in San Clemente, California. He was born on December 30, 1989. He is 5' 8" and has two brothers: a younger, Kane Scheckler and an older, Shane Sheckler. He won a gold in the X Games at the age of 13, the youngest skateboarder to win a gold in 2003. He stars in an MTV reality show called Life of Ryan.

One of my main reasons for picking Ryan Sheckler as my hero is because of all the charity work he has done. He runs the Sheckler Foundation, a non profit organization that raises money and donates funds to important charities. Ryan Sheckler made a difference by raising money for the Make A Wish foundation, Children's Cancer Research Fund, and his own Sheckler Foundation which donates the money to those important charities. He's gone so far as to offer his Range Rover to encourage and motivate people to raise money for the Children's Cancer Research Fund which raised almost $200,000 dollars. "Join us by raising funds and YOU will have the chance to win my Range Rover" -Ryan Sheckler

Another reason Ryan's my hero is because Ryan Sheckler always was determined, whether it was raising money for charities or his profession, skateboarding. He's an amazing skateboarder. He won his first X Games at 13, the youngest skateboarder to win a gold. After that, he won the X Games, he won the Gravity Games, Vans Triple Crown and Slam City Jam. In 2004, he was named the World Cup of Skateboarding's National Street Champion. The next year, he took the title again, along with the AST Dew Tour Athlete of the Year.

Ryan Sheckler is very inspiring to me. I wish as I grow up to end up as successful as he is. He's always been grounded, charitable, and determined, he's made such a difference on the cancer research fund which helps cancer patients.

With all that I said, Ryan Scheckler is my hero. He's a famous professional skateboarder because he worked hard all his life to get where he is. He is very charitable being the founder of the Sheckler Foundation. I hope he makes as big an impact on others as he has on me.

Written by Summer from Roseville

Ryan Sheckler's website This is Ryan Shecklers website.

The Sheckler Foundation website Ryan is very charitable. He founded the Sheckler Foundation and this is the website.

More Featured Sports Heroes